Pineapple Power - PNPL - Share Chat

Buga. Should have sold prior. Considered it on Friday but then decided to let it run longer. Nevermind.

If you’re investing in a SPAC in the first place, and unless you can sell a low-volume volatile stock like PNPL, why sell before the merger? The point of investing in a SPAC is that you think the management will make a solid merger/takeover and not to worry about the price after you’ve bought in. Sorry to say that without any new information, if you’re thinking your investment is a bad idea now, then probably was the wrong one for you at the time.

1 Like

Quite probably. I am still experimenting and learning. Certainly not a professional trader or experienced by any means. I am only talking about low amounts of money here anyway, hence the lack of knowledge. Wouldn’t dream of investing big sums till I knew what I was doing.

Arguably it’s more a hobby than a vocation!!!

1 Like

That’s fair. It is always good practice to understand what you’re investing in though. And as always, as a hobbyist like myself, never invest more than you are willing to lose!

2 Likes

What I don’t understand is, why is it that the value for Pineapple Power shareholders is more likely to depreciate after the merger, when there was a big jump in activity and surge in price just before it was announced?

We don’t know if it will depreciate for sure. It could go either way - from my understanding.

When you buy into a SPAC you’re basically betting on the founders and directors to put a deal together that you like. Nobody knows what the deal will be yet and it’s impossible to value BVP’s business without the information PNPL have.

Some rumours must have been circling, if you were on the right WhatsApp group or heard the right whispers you could have brought more. As it is you’re locked in and can only hope you (and the market) like it.

And how would a complete novice like myself find these groups. I invested into Pineapple Power for my first investment, from what I read spacs had a risk but was willing to do it anyway. Haven’t invested much as I am learning about (£40) worth. Bit have made small amounts of money on other stocks. However I cam never find much news on what’s going on with this one,any advice will be really welcome as I said learning the ropes so any advice on where I should but some funds would be great and why

1 Like

@Jackrsibley the frenetic activity the day before they announce the suspension smell like insider trading to me. Either that or someone got very loose lipped.

I don’t want to get all ‘tin foil hat’ but this game is rigged against you, you have to take the crumbs from the table and be happy. If you want to build wealth and financial security you’re best bet is low cost index funds.

3 Likes

Is there anyone out there who has experienced this before and can actually provide a cogent explanation as to what share holders should expect!

What other information are you looking for? You invested in a blank cheque company who’s sole mission was to find a private company in the green technology space to (reverse) merge with.

The link posted by @Fruzers is literally all the information that is in the public domain.

3 Likes

If I understand correctly the new company will be listed on a new section of the LSE. Does this mean we will not be able to hold shares of the new company? I do not believe we have access to AIM shares via Freetrade, is this correct?

AIM Shares are on Freetrade, but you need Plus to buy I think, Presumably you won’t need Plus if you already own the SPAC?

Okay thanks. That makes sense. I currently don’t have plus so hopefully it isn’t needed to hold the new shares when complete.

If you own it already you will not need plus. If you wanted to buy further shares in the new company then you would be required to purchase plus, that is assuming that it’d be on Plus and not on Basic.

You’ll be able to sell without plus, I believe.

3 Likes

Just wondering if anyone knows what happened to PNPL?
I have plus but can’t sell my shares. Have they gone in to admission?

They are merging it seems if you read above :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks Big-g :v:t3:

1 Like

How long does a merger typically take?

Not sure but this may indicate for you :+1:

How Long Does It Take for a Merger to Go Through?.

1 Like