+PLUS stocks benefits

What are the benefits of trading FreeTrade +PLUS stocks beyond their access to +PLUS account holders only?

PS loving the community insights, chat and general ‘Great British Bake Off’ vibe on FT, almost feels like a safe haven from stocktwits and Reddit users!

2 Likes

Welcome!

With Plus you get access to :

-FTSE Small Cap (FTSE All-Share minus FTSE 350)

-FTSE AIM All-Share ex AIM 100

-S&P SmallCap 600

Small cap companies tend to be riskier investments than large cap companies. They have greater growth potential and tend to offer better returns over the long-term, but they do not have the resources of large cap companies, making them more vulnerable to negative events and bearish sentiments.

Diversifying across both large and small caps and rebalancing from time to time is key.

2 Likes

Thank you, I think I will learn much here! I have the +PLUS account (paint still drying) but I only plan to hold some cash in the ISA for now to cover the fees, until a time I know what I’m doing :thinking:

Seen as we are on about Plus, do a plus account and ISA cross over? As in can I buy Plus only shares in my ISA?

No, you can buy Plus shares in both ISA and GIA (I do this).

I think that means the answer is yes :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.