Predictions 2022

Let’s dust of the crystal ball :crystal_ball: and gaze longingly into the mystical orb so it’s time for

Predictions 2022

These will be a fun way to sort the Michael Fish from the Nostradamus, The Mystic Meg from the Septic Peg

Let’s make them specific enough to know when they’re right (or wrong) and they all finish by the end of 2022.

“People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes.” — George Orwell

5 Likes

I’ll go first

$PLN - Peloton to be acquired by either Nike or Apple

$AMC, $GME $RIVN & $SPCE Will ALL drop by 50% from their 01/01/2022 price

3 Likes

There will be at least 5 meme stocks people claim will go to the moon, panic about 25k limits and claim they bought loads of the said stock. Then come December 2022 it never happened. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

2022 is a common year?!, hence I predict 365 days and 6 hours give or take

Meme stocks are so last year. Something new and unexpected will take over

2 Likes

Now @Raul that doesn’t feel like much of a prediction.

2 Likes

Not listing any companies specifically (haven’t done research tbh) but shortages in semi conductors and shipping/freight challenges may increase value of some companies if supply can’t keep up with demand.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed for my intel shares :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Another prediction would be that Trumps SPAC would fall foul of SEC rules and implode.

2 Likes

Nice prediction @Big-g

It’s much better when they can be verified and right or wrong

1 Like

Yet another year of people claiming the sky is about to fall in, while the S&P 500 continues to make new highs :laughing:

Also I’m gonna be brave and predict a new ATH for the FTSE 100. it’s been a few years since the last one :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I can predict the times of the tides for the whole year, but I thought that wouldn’t suit the thread

1 Like

I predict that Nestlé stock will become available on :freetrade: sometime in 2022.

snigger-dog

Sorry, couldn’t help myself :rofl:

1 Like

$TSLA will half in value.

2 Likes

Big call @alphamale big call! I love a bold prediction!

Kodal minerals will triple bag by the end of January, Tirupati Graphite will double in value by then end of January and Technology minerals will double by the end of February.

3 Likes

I think you hear a lot more about graphene products

2 Likes

Inflation will stay at 5% or above.

Interest rates (UK) will rise at least twice.

That environment will lead to more interest in the blue chip dividend yielding stocks … and maybe bonds/gilts.

Johnson Matthey will make a good recovery.

US Tech stocks will lose attraction.

BRICS markets will recover from pandemic and be where growth will be found. Oh wait, maybe not Russia. Or China. Just BIS, then.

Genomes ‘r’ us.

Yours

Mrs Michael Fish

PS Happy New Year :balloon:

2 Likes

Another bold prediction for 2022:

The International Fixed Calendar will not be implemented worldwide in 2022

1 Like

Please don’t kill my dream @Raul every time I thing about this calendar I get a little sad that we’re still using our nonsense cobbler together one!

1 Like

I think it’s possible that the new customs checks between the UK/EU that come in last night could put strain on the haulage industry.

This could have a knocknon effect to some UK stocks and perhaps the UK market indices at large.

I feel that even though up till now Brexit has been mostly a nothing burger with little else than theoretical possibilities and political posturing on both sides, this could be one of the first times Brexit has a real world impact.

I’ll be keeping an eye on it over the coming weeks and month and while Freetrade and the larger investment community isn’t a place for politics, I do feel investors need to be adept to the possibility of the financial aspects of it all.

5 Likes