Proxy Voting is here 🗳️

From today, Freetrade customers will be able to make their voices heard in key decisions facing the US companies they invest in.

Our new proxy voting service lets shareholders participate in general meetings and vote on corporate matters that are put to a shareholder vote.

How does it work?

When a shareholder meeting is scheduled, eligible voters will receive an email from Freetrade with a link to a proxy ballot. This ballot will outline which decisions are being made and give shareholders the chance to cast their vote. The service then votes on your behalf during shareholder meetings, based on what you’ve chosen.

What can I vote on?

A whole range of things! The list might include:

• Issuing more stock
  • Appointing auditors
  • Approving a merger or acquisition
  • Having a say on executive compensation
  • Approving the company’s financial statements
  • Making changes to a corporate charter or bylaws
  • Selecting board members or changing the board structure

It’s important to mention that, while you may be able to vote to approve a voluntary corporate action like a rights issue or an open offer, at this stage, you won’t be able to participate in the offering (for now!).

Can I attend AGMs or other shareholder events?

Some companies will give you the option to attend, either virtually or in-person. They’ll let you know on the ballot!

How can I get more out of the service?

If you want to stay in the loop on the companies you invest in, you can register to receive updates directly from them on things like company performance and key initiatives. To register, you’ll need to change your beneficial ownership status in the Freetrade app. Learn how here.

Any questions, refer to our FAQs or pop them in the thread below :point_down:.

The value of your investments can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you invest.

21 Likes

Nice work FT

Whether someone is interested in voting or not, having the choice is much better than not.

A good move that improves the professionalism of FT and customer service offering :ok_hand:

3 Likes

It’s a welcome feature :clap:

Shame I couldn’t have had this option last year to vote down a decision regarding a reverse split that was put to the table.

Hello FT.
This sounds great I look forward to voting at the next Coca Cola AGM :slight_smile:

Is something similar planned for UK shares?

1 Like

Process works seamlessly, nice addition.

3 Likes