Queued orders scheduled for '3PM tomorrow'

thats right, yet they cannot be canceled :smiley:

Thanks - have found orders there

1 Like

I should not be telling you this. Freetrade should by telling you this. Though I am happy to help.

No because they’ve been executed? So how could they be cancelled?

It’s disappointing that I had to come to the community forum to find out what’s amiss. There should be an alert in-app. Come on, FT, this is basic!

1 Like

well it is much appreciated - I am learning
all of time

1 Like

I had this issue last week and I raised it in the app then and received the responses I’m giving you now so clearly this was/is a known issue. It is disappointing that people have to raise issues like this in app. It either means Freetrade don’t know what’s going on (very bad) or don’t want to draw attention to it (slightly bad).

I mean this is why the community exists so happy to help. Never be afraid to ask, only a stupid person puts down someone who asks questions.

1 Like

I’ve received an in-app message about it :thinking:

Not explaining the issue at hand? Only that US markets are now closed for Freetrade customers due to high demand.

No mention of the original issue even though it began at market open. No explanation about which orders have been executed etc.

1 Like

True. Not very exhaustive.

update - my transactions have now come through as completed at around the live price on Yahoo when I placed the orders - so looks like they are sorting

This was always the case. Orders went though but the app didn’t update to reflect this.

It was meant for people here to find out what can be done in similar situtations. There might be curious people trying to cancel their orders.

1 Like

I think you’ve misunderstood. The orders were already executed but the app did not update. This means there is no option to cancel them.

2 Likes

Just had in app message to say US market now reopened on FT

I’ve had nothing. No in-app message, no queued orders converted into proper orders, nothing.

Do I cancel the queued order and retry it and hope that goes through, and suffer the difference in share price between the two positions? Looks like that’s my only option, unless I wait until 3pm tomorrow.

Bumping this as not convinced the question had been answered. A family member had placed four orders for UK stocks and ETFs out of hours yesterday (c. 5pm).

They’re confused as they received queued orders (makes sense) but those orders are only due to execute at 3pm today, i.e. at end of day the next day (doesn’t make sense).

Why would they execute at the end of the next day after the order is placed, rather than start of the next day? I couldn’t explain / see a reason.

Perhaps @Gemhappe could help?

Out of hours orders that aren’t triggered or limit orders are run as ‘basic orders’, these are run at a specified ‘cut off time’. In this case 3pm for LSE orders, since the order was placed after closing time its set to run at the next valid cut off time. Which is 3pm on the next available trading day.

The execution policy details all the information on the execution of each of the order types Order Execution policy

These orders can be canceled before the cut off time and run as instant orders if you wish.

1 Like

Thanks @Eden, appreciated.

Just an a observation though, even if deliberate on FT’s part - it seems a little odd that an order for a UK stock placed at say 4.35pm is queued to be executed at 3pm the following day (rather than at market opening the following day).

Could be worth FT making this clearer in app when placing an OOO order