Recently Viewed in Discover

Liking it, seems like it retains quite a few recently viewed items, almost like a watchlist :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love the idea! Well done FT team:

In the spirit of constructive feedback here are my pet peeves:

• Glad to hear this^ as Discover tab is getting quite cumbersome/packed now. Would a drop down view be a possible solution? Something like pic below :

• I feel like “tech titans” is not necessary, as we have tech in sectors? I personally would prefer it was deleted from main page, hope it’s not just me that feels that way.

• Am I the only one getting this weird grey box around the share price and chart? (See below) Flashes every second or so like it’s refreshing, kinda distracting, android user btw:

4 Likes

Regarding your last point, mine looks fine, I don’t have those grey boxes you have. What device are you using? Your screen looks far wider than mine, I can only see 1.5 cards on my (5.2") phone.

1 Like

Agree - tech titans should go within the tech sector

3 Likes

Darn it, must just be me :confused:

I’m using a 10 inch Samsung tablet, it’s probably that, good call, thanks :ok_hand:

Message the in app chat and see what they say. You can also send them screenshots.

1 Like

All I would say is the tracker line needs to stipulate something like 1M (1 month) say ? I also agree the discovery tab is getting really busy. Could we not just have popular shares and all, do we need a separate title for tech titans ?

2 Likes

Also like that it retains your recently viewed from the last time you opened the app.
Maybe the long names need an ellipsis (…) Which is the second favourite punctuation of all millennials after the interrobang :interrobang:

I completely agree about the discover tab getting too clustered. Maybe recently viewed could move to a type of “history” tab or into the “activity” tab at the top… Might be more interesting/useful there.

It looks nice but I highly doubt I will ever use it. Same with Newly Added as it only shows 6 but you release them in batches of 25 (and if I don’t check for a while I might have missed the batch before)

Sectors & Popular ETFs/stocks is cool…they should have the graphs built in like the Recently Viewed section does

I don’t remember seeing this feature being requested; watchlist would be much more useful imo as would sorting options e.g. filter on Stock ETFs then an option to sort alphabetically, cheapest or most recently added

Bang on, this. The sectors look fancy but for the amount of screen real estate taken up there doesn’t seem to be any value added. Would work better simply as tags.

Tags would grow way too long then. Removing the Sector section empty space like this is a better option imo

2 Likes

Liking this new feature so far.

@PoemofXtasy - I second your suggestion of being able to tag a recently viewed stock so that it always appears first in line.

@anon1435622 - The new grey chart that looks like its constantly refreshing was part of the latest Android 1.0.5000 (5000) update. I happen to quite like it.

Overall, definitely making steps in the right direction - good work team :ok_hand:

If we were able to tag stocks to the “last viewed”, doesn’t this effectively become a watchlist or a very small version of it? Just conscious of potential duplication.

I cannot wait for waitlist to arrive!

2 Likes

I like it - I think once you can tag into a watch list will be awesome. As I can gander at something and decide to ignore straight away and then something else note for more research.

Agree that duplication should be avoided. Perhaps in the “last viewed” just exclude any one already in the watch list.

Like this @ukcz good solution :+1:

Anyone else feel that when you get into the stocks organised alphabetically, getting to z is a bit of mission… Would an a-z sidebar ‘fast scroll’ feature - like what you get in the contacts section of your phone book - help here?

4 Likes

Like it! I notice when you scroll to the right and marginally down (I.e. trying to back to the 1st one) it skips a bit and doesn’t move right. It only moves properly when you scroll exactly horizontally to the right! This is different to scrolling on the other sections, I’m using an iPhone 7…

Yes! This is a great suggestion. Especially as thousands more stocks are due to be added…

In iOS 13, you can ‘grab’ the scroll bar and drag it to scroll more quickly, which achieves almost the same thing, but it’s much less obvious.

1 Like

Anyone noticed a missing stock ACA ? It’s not on my app any longer ? How odd.

Anyone else’s recent viewed disappeared from their app?