šŸš€ Spaaace ... The Final Frontier šŸ›°

Another Space SPAC: Redwire - a holding company that has been on an acquisition spree of satellite component manufacturers including Made In Space (3D printing satellite structure in orbit), DSS (built the new ROSA arrays that will be installed in the ISS), Loadpath (build cubesat deployers), and several others - are merging with the Genesis Park (GNPK) SPAC https://redwirespace.com/2021/03/25/redwire-to-become-publicly-traded-through-merger-with-genesis-park-acquisition-corp/

1 Like

Thanks, nice description as well. Iā€™m looking to get into this one after the pop. Might also add SPFR (Velo3D) as an exception since it is entirely aerospace focused (and the SpaceX link).

new ETF launched last week Procure Space UCITS ETF YODA.

Top holdings are

ORBCOMM INC USD 0.001
DISH NETWORK COR USD 0.01
GARMIN LTD CHF 0.1
SIRIUS XM HOLDI USD 0.001
TRIMBLE INC USD NPV
EUTELSAT COMMUNICAT EUR 1
VIRGIN GALACTI USD 0.0001
SES EUR NPV
ECHOSTAR CORP-A USD 0.001
WEATHERNEWS INC JPY NPV

3 Likes

Things heating up at the moment.

Seraphim Capital unveils worldā€™s first listed space technology fund - SpaceNews

Seraphim Space Investment Trust plc plans to list in the coming weeks, chaired by the former President of Virgin Galactic.

According to the article, the trust will not yet include Spire, Arqit, Iceye and D-orbit due to ā€œcorporate activityā€. Spire and Arqit are going through SPAC mergers so does this mean Iceye and D-orbit are potentially in discussions too? The rest of the portfolio is here, and includes AST and LEO Labs.

Virgin Orbit is also plotting a $3b SPAC merger., itself an investor in Arqit as its agreed launch partner.

David Williams, the businessman who created Arqit, was also the founder of Seraphim and has established himself as one of the most influential executives in the UK space industry.

2 Likes

Should we all be investing in Space?
(double click)

Hopefully $NGCA (the SPAC rumoured to be in pole position) will be available on :freetrade: soon as I see Virgin Orbit being another interesting player. They have already had the UK Space Agency pay Ā£7m to develop launch capabilities in Cornwall. Seems some of that money (originally announced in 2019) is feeding into some actual developmentā€¦ Virgin Orbit Selects AVS to Build Key Infrastructure for Launches from Cornwall, UK | Virgin Orbit

1 Like

If everyone could jump on this thread and vote itā€™ll get the attention of FT and stands a better chance of being fast tracked to end added to the platform.

3 Likes
2 Likes

What a complete joke! He tenders a bid $3bn higher than Space X and when he doesnā€™t get the contract he starts chucking money at the problem. If they could have done if for $2bn less why didnā€™t they?

Side note even with Jeff chucking $2bn in the bid is still more expensive than Space X!

2 Likes

I did laugh at the offer as being a man who canā€™t stand losing so thinks he can buy the success. Also, the fact Northrop, LM etc were part of the bid proves how good Musks was to win so comprehensively. It is certainly going to be an interesting sector over the next decade. :+1:

Musk is often over optimistic on costs and timing, even performance. Full Self Driving was supposed to be here years ago, so was mass manufacture of solar roof, Tesla Semi etc etc
Point being, I wouldnā€™t expect him to meet the specs promised on time or at price promised.

3 Likes

I would counter, my perception and not necessarily fact, he meets targets he contractually agrees to but always likes to talk big, too big, to the crowd. I may/probably am wrong but I get the impression that is true. He is a salesman as well as pioneer and bloody good at it. :joy:

TBH it is just my guess but the actual deals he makes seem to get made on time like the Ozzy power thing etc but his internal/twitter/predictions are over optimistic. That is also a lot of his allure, people love the ambition and root for him every time.

Queue loads of stats to prove me totally wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Going to post this here are it seems like a bigger step than just Space X alone.

The roll out of the Super Heavy booster to the launch pad. Looks at the size of it! Once stacked with starship on top itā€™ll be 120m high and right now the most likely rocket to take a human back to the moon.

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

I read most of the article, wtf does this investment company have to do with these space companies? They didnā€™t mention that theyā€™ve invested or anything like that. Is it literally tenuous marketing bullsh*t :smile:.

Also, Veritasium on YouTube did a video on Relativity.

1 Like
  • Around Ā£300M in Space X
  • Ā£50M in Relativity Space
  • Close relationships/access with founder/CEOs of both companies
  • yes itā€™s mostly marketing their investments
3 Likes

Fair enough, I couldnā€™t actually see that from the article.

1 Like

Boeing Reportedly Plans Investment in Virgin Orbitā€™s $3.2 Billion SPAC Listing

The Boeing Company (NYSE:BA) has committed to invest in Richard Bransonā€™s Virgin Orbit, LLC as part of the satellite-launching startupā€™s planned $3.2 billion SPAC listing later this year, according to a person familiar with the matter. Virgin Orbit plans to list on the Nasdaq stock market by merging with NextGen Acquisition Corp., a special-purpose acquisition company run by former Goldman Sachs banker George Mattson, according to this person. Boeingā€™s planned investment, not previously reported, is intended to be made through a SPAC-related fundraising round called a private investment in public equity, or PIPE. That fundraising has garnered a total of $100 million in commitments, this person said. It isnā€™t clear how much of that Boeing has committed or whether Boeing will be investing directly or through a partnership with another fund. Boeing didnā€™t immediately return requests for comment made early August 23, 2021. - SimplyWallStreet