Staying with FT thread

We really appreciate transfers, thanks for your trust.

Great to see this thread as well!

10 Likes

Iā€™ve just moved to annual subscription. The process was really straightforward.

6 Likes

Degiro was the first stock trading app I tried. I found it too complicated, with high fees, too much data and too many features Iā€™d never use. I wanted an app that would introduce me stocks in a simple way - this is how I found Freetrade.

It remains a fantastic app with everything I could want for trading stocks. Iā€™m not overly-fussed about the fees; itā€™s less than a takeaway pizza per month.

4 Likes

Agree on the simplicity.

I DO want to see charts and fundamentals when Iā€™m researching, but there are a million sources for these elsewhereā€¦when it comes to trading its nice to keep it clean and simple.

5 Likes

I notice thereā€™s a lot of 212 trolls on the Reddit subreddit encouraging people to switch away.

Personally my ISA is staying. The fact is thereā€™s multiple brokers because thereā€™s different needs for different people. Fixed fee ISAs isnā€™t great if youā€™ve only invested Ā£10 and make Ā£1 trades once a month but it very quickly becomes a good option when % fees and trade fees quickly add up elsewhere.

I am hoping to see some improvements this year on top of what theyā€™ve announced. On the fly account reports (like how startling and vanguard do it) I really want, thereā€™s a number of reasons these are useful for many people.

One click bed and ISA. Integration with PrimaryBid etc would all be nice.

Iā€™d love to see refinements on a number of things.

However it works well. Execution is good, upcoming features are very welcome.

Iā€™d love to see more Improvements to CS, but this can be difficult when trying to become profitable. If you want someone to pick up the phone in 5 seconds, you pay HL for that. If you want to vote in all corporate actions you have ii for that (though might be changing soon with Freetrade offering some of this). If you want ā€˜free costā€™ you have 212 for that. Iā€™ll not say why I dislike this

Also considering moving my SIPP backā€¦

Also 4 digit early user since weā€™re sharing :smile:

5 Likes

Good honest review. Thanks for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am also stayingā€¦ for now. I have no issues with the fee changes or annual billing.

I am generally satisfiedā€™ish with what I get for my FT fees. But I would love to see some momentum with new features and enhancements - even some visibility/clarity on the roadmap to help set expectations would be great. I am particularly interested in employer contributions to the SIPP, the web UX maturing, and seeing the available investment universe in FT growing.

On the latter point my wife has her ISA with InvestEngine and the breadth of ETFs available is excellent. I think this is an area in which FT should be aspiring to have parity with a key competitor.

4 Likes

Would be nice to hear more about the roadmap :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™m staying! :peacock:

I look forward to Euronext Paris stocks coming to FT (whenever that is) so I can pick up LVMH and Lā€™OrĆ©al. Thatā€™s probably my biggest request right now, more choice of shares around Europe and beyond. And to add more stats on the insights page. Like how much dividends youā€™ve earned from each company invested and in total to your overall holdings. Live charts on the web version would be a great improvement too. Along with the ability to buy stocks on there. :chart_with_downwards_trend: :chart_with_upwards_trend:

Even without these things Iā€™m very happy with Freetrade. The fees are not an issue for me right now. I have no plans to leave and will continue to grow my ISA here. And I hope Freetrade will grow and profit too. :blush:

5 Likes

Nice post Mr Peacock :slightly_smiling_face:

Like you Im happy with what is here, but also look forward to future developments.

2 Likes

100% agree with you @java on ETFs availability

I need JPLG to upgrade from Basic to Plus

@EmilieG
@gswaroop
@acamp

Thanks

Just an observation
While this thread stays open
The other leaving threads get closed down
:face_with_peeking_eye:
If one was on the conspiracy spectrum it does seem ā€¦ :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Granted this is a FT controlled platform. And FT can allow or dismiss whatever they want their customers to read :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Its their playground and their ball I think a lot of criticism of ft is allowed compared to other forums I frequent that dont allow any criticism of the owners/management.

1 Like

Perhaps itā€™s because this is just one thread, compared to ā€œother leaving threadsā€.

Slow transfers - someone posts that they are leaving
Restricted ETFs - someone posts they are leaving
Increase in prices - someone posts they are leaving
Customer service slow - someone posts that they are leaving
No new shiny stuff for the app - someone posts that they are leaving

Anyway, I donā€™t want to derail this thread, weā€™re all staying on here :partying_face:

7 Likes

If anything FT are slow to to sell themselves on here, so I thought it was useful to hear directly from itā€™s happy customers :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Probably because theyā€™re repetitive and verging on tedious.

9 Likes

Pretty happy with the frictionless switch to the yearly billing schedule. Transparency with the prorated kick back on the existing month fee was helpful.

Financials for this month must be looking fantastic at Freetrade :dollar::dollar:.

6 Likes

The process to change to annual was very well executed :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I would love to know the current take up on subscriptions. I have for Ā£59.99 for the year. I guess if they have approximately 100,000 subscribers you are looking at approximately Ā£8 million. Canā€™t be bad :partying_face::partying_face:

5 Likes

Lost me with that math :rofl: but yeah it will certainly boost the cash flow.