Stock Prediction League - Jan 2020

Sorry should have said % gain not monetary!

1 Like

Thanks for setting this up @anon810895, much appreciated.

1 Like

Downtime at work is making me productive! All entries so far are in.

And err for whatever reason we have a logo!

12 Likes

Hi Steve,
I hate to be THAT guy. can I change what I have just chosen?

2 Likes

Of course.

DM me and I’ll change it :smiley:

Great work Steve, submitted the winner!

1 Like

Will currency exposure have a bearing on the growth?

No I’m going to keep them in their local currency as much as possible.

I originally converted everything back to £ but figured that’s not really a fair reflection.

Great stuff! I’ll have a think - is there a cut off date for submissions?

Just a week or so before we start!

Edit:

Here are the picks so far, let me know if you spot any issues:

#onbrand

9 Likes

Oh awesome… this looks so cool. Thanks again for doing this…

I can’t wait to come last lol

2 Likes

Considering putting my name down for Saudi Aramco just for the giggles having not done any research

2 Likes

Much like myself… Why not eh?

I’m going with Facebook. To back up my pick I’ve put in an order for 3 shares tomorrow!

It’s a very popular stock - huge growth this year and while I’m deeply suspicious about social media sites long term, I think this one has still more growth to do. It’s success is that it keeps doing new things and it’s now a massive marketplace. I hardly even use Ebay anymore. It’s also used for community watch and share and all things residential for my road. I don’t see FB disappearing with the older generation just yet.

2 Likes

Completely agree Ben, it isn’t going anywhere… even with the spotlight that is on it at the moment (Zuckerberg, tax, data, regulations) I doubt it will make any difference whatsoever to it’s ~40%+ share price increase next year!

1 Like

A high beta weed stock or biotech will take it in my opinion. The large caps just don’t have enough beta in them to beat a small cap

1 Like

I’m in, submitting my pick now!

1 Like

You’re all buying Sirius week in week out apparently, why has no one picked it? You’re going to have it in the bag by Q1 right?

5 Likes

I have submitted my pick :+1:t2:

1 Like

Submitted, good luck everyone :grin: