What are your 2021 investing goals?

Happy New Year, everyone :wave:

Hope you enjoyed the holidays.

And now itā€™s time for a brand new year of investing.

Here are three brand new articles to kick things:

And @DanLane with his 2021 investment checklist:

What are your investing goals for 2021?

12 Likes

I have a fantasy fund on the telegraphs fantasy fund manager competition, and once I figured out the balance of companies I wanted Iā€™ve let it sit there to do what they do best. Iā€™m currently in the top 100 of 5000 people.

While the top 30 or so have double the return I have a lot of effort goes into obtaining that as well.

So what? Well itā€™s giving me an appreciation of buying good companies and holding them and thatā€™s the area I want to build up this year is those longer term strong companies.

5 Likes

My aim for this year is a 10%+ return. Whilst that sounds modest I think that 2020 presented a special opportunity where it was actually more difficult to lose money than to make it, for more experienced investors anyway.
This year I think big returns will be much more difficult, so as mentioned above investing in the right companies instead of jumping on hype stocks will be critical to reduce risk.

I am looking to reduce my individual stock holdings to 10-15% of my portfolio and I also want to build up a larger cash pile to be able to respond to a possible downturn.

Negative returns are poisonous to compounding so I will try to avoid this at all cost.

7 Likes

double or nothing

6 Likes

VWRL + 5%

6 Likes

Useful reads. Similar to the checklist My Goals for 21/22FY:

• Max out ISA Allowance for 3rd time
  • Begin Rebalance in April according to economic environment
  • Outperform VWRL
7 Likes

100% return or Iā€™ll close my account

2 Likes

A 58% yearly return can turn 10k into 1million in 10 years :slight_smile:

3 Likes

8%
+
At least one ten bagger
ā€¦
Just saying :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

80% target, happy with 50%.

(Last yearā€™s 190% seems unlikely)

3 Likes

This thread just seems like a manifestation of the ā€œmost drivers think they are above averageā€ effect aka Illusory superiority - Wikipedia

I am fine with the MSCI world return or even slightly lower :grin:

12 Likes

Nevermind my goals, whatā€™s Freetradeā€™s goals for 2021? :wink:

8 Likes

Gnarly to see the exuberance on here. 100% returns, FIFTY PERCENT RETURNS, Iā€™m going for 80% returns this year, ALL OR NOTHINGā€¦ this is heading towards delusional territory even if most comments are jokey. Suddenly all longterm investors on here are genius money doublers.

Nobody wants to see FreeTradeā€™s overall investor performance get crushed but reading some of these comments omg.

2022, the year of reality.

6 Likes

Back to realityā€¦10% returns across my entire portfolio will be nice (long-term buy and hold strategy with very little trading).

On dividend income front, aiming for around Ā£200 a month on average.

8 Likes

Lighten up palā€¦ :joy: weā€™re allowed to dream.

5 Likes

SPACs offer unique opportunity. Those are literally stocks that can not go below a certain number.

True.
You can still lose some / all of your money though if not timed right so not ā€˜risk freeā€™ (I know thatā€™s not what you were saying)

Spend more time researching AR related markets and technologies.

1 Like

We have a lot of them!

Both on the personal investing and company front :wink:

Joking aside, weā€™ll be sharing more news of our plans as and when we can.

7 Likes

Iā€™d be quite happy to see somewhere between 10-15% returns for 2021 for myself above that is icing on the cake.

Does your 10% include dividend returns? Ā£200 a month is quite a lot :smile: I think I get maybe Ā£3 a month ā€¦ pays for the ISA I suppose

3 Likes