The latest on the rollout

Accelerating? I can only see this as good news. Excited to get my hands on the app.

2 Likes

Seeing the person who has shaped the original (arguably the most difficult part of the product creation) technology leaving is sad to an extent. Great to have new passionate people like Ian and future potential engineers in the team, but said at the same time to see others go.

Wish @Andre all the best in his future progress and believe he will be missed.

10 Likes

These are difficult decisions to make and sometimes incredibly frustrating (loads of pressure), so I congratulate @adam and the whole team at Freetrade for staying nimble and making these important shifts, I’m sure there will still be many to come. It’s an amazing learning experience with incredible ups and downs, but the most important thing is to learn, look forward and drive through. :+1:t3:

12 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Should I sell Burberry after they destroyed their inventory?

Please reassure me that you are not chasing perfection, I would rather a functional product was available that can be improved over time than wait for never for the perfect thing.

Just playing Devil’s advocate.

9 Likes

Hey Stephen, don’t worry, this isn’t the case.

We definitely agree perfect is the enemy of the good and shipped is more important than perfection.

This about finalising small but necessary pieces to ensure the product stays strong in the hands of more users and to set ourselves up to upgrade quickly.

8 Likes

That’s right. This is more about operational quality than aiming for product perfection. Making sure we always know whats happening and why, rather than achieving product perfection.

8 Likes

Are Freetrade at liberty to divulge anymore than this footnote? Was the parting mutual, amicable and expected? What’s his next move? Is it possible to have a parting blog from him? etc.

I’ve commented prior in this forum that Andre was someone whose (Freetrade) story I’d like to have heard more of so it’s quite abrupt to see him leave/replaced suddenly.

I equally look forward to Ian’s blog once settled in.

6 Likes

Sure there will be more to share in the future but keep in mind that not everyone wants to discuss everything in a public forum and/or blog.

Me too!

9 Likes

Just don’t let Revolut beat us … :wink:

13 Likes

:tada:

The timeline for public rollout

How we’re accelerating the public rollout

4 Likes

Is there any update from that post yet? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Apologies think @anon2636484 meant to post this:

7 Likes

Great news! date in the diary!

4 Likes

super early users from our community and investors

How do you define the above?

2 Likes

These people will be a handful of forum leads, early investors and super active community members - basically people who’ll be happy to give us huge amounts of feedback.

We’ll move past this stage as soon as we’re confident we can onboard more though.

8 Likes

We’ll also look for diversity of devices, investor profiles, demographics etc

6 Likes

Exciting times, but do you have an idea when the Android rollout will begin? Even a rough time frame, such as 2018? And when Freetrade first launches, will ISAs be available?

1 Like

Hey - we’ll update more on Android soon. Right now our focus is shipping the MVP! However, we’re hankering to accelerate Android soon as we can - lots of our community and team use it.

Re ISAs, we won’t have them ready at launch but are working hard on them as a priority feature.

3 Likes

Finally we have a clear date o the rollout , I can almost smell the app now :smiley:
With all the market volatility lately im even considering liquidating my investments and sitting on the sidelines until Freetrade is ready to use.

1 Like