The latest on the rollout

We sift out the silver and just leave the gold :wink:

4 Likes

Would that be a gold etf?

2 Likes

No need! Weā€™ve got it covered. Weā€™ve got the Freetrade vegetable storage depot. Itā€™s like the Amazon warehouse - with robots and stuff! The lease is unique and very flexible too. Itā€™s walls actually move to accommodate storage needs yet the rent is static(ish). Itā€™s storage for the 21st century.

(If I was to channel my inner ā€˜Tobyā€™ this is the part where Iā€™d have to point out Iā€™m joking! Iā€™m refering to Crest, Freetrade Nominees and our custodian network! I think Tobes was worried you guys thought we actually employed elves and had no sarcasm filter)

3 Likes

Caller, please hold: so no actual elves? Can someone get the FCA on the phone please?

5 Likes

I take back everything Iā€™ve said. I clearly need an Editor.

A post was split to a new topic: Weekly Wrap 01/06/18

Iā€™d love to go to the Peak District @Viktor any suggestions for nice hotels with scenic views and child friendly?

I have a question about batch, how does it work and how do you make it free?

Hereā€™s what I think happens but itā€™ll be good to actually hear from what happens from Freetrade.

I think you make the order before the cut off point, think it was 15:45 Monday to Friday. Then it gets queued and after 15:45 Freetrade batch up al the requests and purchase enough shares to cover them. For instance in total they need 1.5 shares for LLoyds so they order 2 shares in LLoyds and then sub-divide internally. This way the 1.5 shares for Lloyds would only be the cost of 1 transaction. Then in the future if someone wants another 0.5 share in Lloyds then Freetrade can just assign that after the cut off time.

2 Likes

@Viktor I was supposed to be in Hathersage today! The weather is looking :ok_hand:t2:!

@stephen not too sure on the hotel front but Hathersage is so damn good. Itā€™s a good base to explore High Peak from. Blue John caves are close by and thereā€™s excellent walking, hiking and climbing. They also have a super little Lido which I think has been voted Englandā€™s best outdoor swimming pool. Thereā€™s also the David Mellor factory designed by Hopkins Architects which is a real place of beauty. They have a small ā€˜museumā€™ there too, with guided tours of the factory - you must visit! Heā€™s the chap whoā€™s responsible for the design of the U.K.ā€™s traffic light system, but also happened to be a genius silversmith. They do a good Bakewell pudding too.

And for lunch or supper, Hathersage Social Club is :boom:

This message was brought to you by Christopherā€™s Peak Tours.

4 Likes

@CTE awesome! Thanks for sharing the info, Iā€™m going to check out Hathersage when I get home, see where it is etc. Much appreciated :mage:

2 Likes

My Crowdcube payment :heavy_check_mark:

Enjoy, I hope to see it again some day (with many children)

2 Likes

You canā€™t go too wrong, inside or outside of the park, but Bakewell, Eyam, Hathersage, Buxton, Cromford are all beautiful. Go go go!!!

3 Likes

I can only recommend it. Itā€™s world-class! :mountain:

Stayed at a brilliant B&B (I think itā€™s a converted barn). Iā€™ll send you a DM.

4 Likes

Orders for the same stock are grouped together and executed at the same time around 4pm, so itā€™s only one transaction. More: Freetrade Invest Hub

3 Likes

And if the total number of orders equates to 3.01 shares within one day, would you buy 4 and keep 0.99 of a share on Freetradeā€™s balance until it is required again on the next day?

Weā€™ll post about fractional shares in a few months. I hope you can bear with us, and we can satisfy your curiosity then!

3 Likes

Few months? Pfff, nothing has yet been able to contain my impatience other than Freetrade where we need to wait thaaat long for the release. A few months now sounds like a piece of cake to wait for me! :joy:

But on a serious note - we are here for the best product and whatever it takes for the Team of 12 to make it impeccable.

2 Likes

Whole shares only for UK stocks ā€¢ā€¢for nowā€¢ā€¢

Fractional shares on US stocks is no issue - but early release will feature UK stocks only.

Highly complex but google ā€˜systematic internaliserā€™ , ā€˜multilateral trading facilityā€™ and ā€˜capital adequacy requirementsā€™ if curious and not doing something more enjoyable this weekend!

If you want an insight into the potential costs of operating a MTF look no further than the recent release from Asset Match. I ā€˜thinkā€™ (might be wrong) their CAR jumps from about Ā£50k to over Ā£700k (or thereabouts).

6 Likes

Thanks! Your CARā€™s about right :smile: A bit more detail than I was after but good to know and positively reassuring that thereā€™s a mountain of regulation stopping any old person joining in.

I wrote that whilst half-sleepy on a train (thatā€™s my excuse). Actually figures are EURO 50k to EURO 730k. Either way it demonstrates the steep CAR rise.

2 Likes