There's code keeping the Stock Universe spreadsheet up to date 👀

**Starts looking for new friends to get that Amazon **

3 Likes

The spreadsheet might have a redundant Under Armour?

Also: I know ADRs are unavailable to ISAs, but are REITs too? (If not, British Land, Derwent, Landsec, Segro are listed in the spreadsheet but not the app).

Kinda depressing that I got a share worth £2.70 when you have Booking and Amazon up there haha. But glass half full and all that - I’m up £2.70 since yesterday!

1 Like

How are these Free shares paid for? From Freetrade’s cash flows as promotional content? Worried about the high impact handing these shares out could cause?

Probably as part of the crowdfund. Referrals like this are quite effective cause it gives you skin in the game and incentivises further engagement with the platform. Also gets the words out so is indirect advertisement.

Yep, I think some of your investor money is going to marketing costs!

Stepping back though, while we like to spend a lot of time discussing features that we’d like added to FT on this forum, getting a lot of people using FT is arguably the business’s job 1 at the moment. Hopefully @Viktor will eventually share some numbers on how effective free shares are. Instinctively I’d guess they work pretty well: I remember the excitement at discovering that Robinhood had free trading and that you could get a free share or two.

1 Like