Unable to buy on app

Im literally just trying to sell Non US stocks and I cant get past how many you want to sell. Won’t give me a value or anything

1 Like

Every retail investment firm is struggling at the moment. FT has held up better than most.

5 Likes

Replies in here are amazing!

Freetrade are handling this better than all the other platforms and they certainly aren’t choosing to stop trading like the others are. Bare with them, it’s taking a little longer than normal but it gets done

10 Likes

I get your point, but to be unable to buy or sell any share since the market opened (almost one hour) is way over the top. I’m not necessarily talking about WSB stocks.

And current situation could be predicted easily.

1 Like

OK find another app which is doing better? They are all struggling right now due to huge volatility. In other words many people sitting at home trying to make a quick buck is hitting the exchanges hard and making it hard to get a price for anyone.

4 Likes

Yup.

Revolut is doing fine.

1 Like

What do you mean? There’s no Russian roulette. Either a reasonable price is given and it’s executed or it’s not.

1 Like

How would you say they’re handling better than other platforms?

Prices are either unretrievable or take an age to load, and the majority of orders (WSB stocks or not) are taking 60+ seconds to queue. Oh and the chat is completely overwhelmed, even on Freetrade Plus.

2 Likes

Go and use them then?

2 Likes

Why are you on here if you hate it so much?

2 Likes

Yep - I am - but the majority of my investments are with Freetrade and they’ve been doing brilliantly up until this point. I’d rather not switch, but there’s a clear show of which platform is handling it better right now.

1 Like

With other companies that literally hold your shares in their name :joy: go for it buddy! I’ll stick with freetrade and let you run off to a platform that makes their money when customer lose :+1:t2:

3 Likes

You can’t switch from FT to Revolut though right? It doesn’t allow you to move shares in from what I understand, and you can’t move shares out from there - same as with their Bitcoin trading.

1 Like

Prettu sure all the other platforms have actually crashed fully so I’m not sure why you’d think freetrade aren’t coping.
Granted its taking a while but that’s because the market is going crazy. But they’re are still going

3 Likes

Any idea when things will be back to normal? Have tried to place some trades and keep being rejected. (Not Gamestop btw)

I’ve found in it okay today but maybe if they’re low volume? Sometimes you have to try a few times or break the order up into chunks.

thanks, tried 7 times now for the same share. will try again later, don’t expect much movement on these particular shares today anyhow, suspect may still be some fallout from yesterday.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.