Unique reference not copied

Greetings all,
I’m new to Freetrade and have not started investing yet.
When I tride to top up for the first time it says Unique reference not copied. Why does it say it all the time and what can I do to correct it and start investing.

1 Like

The error can be ignored. As long as you have the reference number in your transfer, it is fine. You do not have to use the in app copy button.

1 Like

So when I phone my bank to transfer money I should give them my unique reference number then everything is okay?

Having never phoned a bank to transfer money I’m guessing here, but they need to include that in the reference field or it can’t be properly allocated to your account

2 Likes

Send it to Freetrades sort code and account number putting the Unique Reference number into the transfer / faster payment reference field.

Edit: @Rat_au_van beat me :grinning: !

1 Like

Thank you all for coming back to me much appreciated.

this is an issue im having, 1st time i had to go via chat and wait nearly a week for funds to hit account, again yesterday i added funds and have not gone into account although they have left my bank account, also really need to learn not to do my banking on a friday evening grr, would it be better to set up a standing order, new to free trade so currently bought some low priced shares and have a watch list