US Order status delay - 8 September 2020

Hi Ian. I suggest you put an option to cancel the pending order.

2 Likes

Thanks @RGol. In instances like this the order has gone to market and cannot necessarily be cancelled. However there are definitely cases were cancelling an order is possible. We’ll make sure to factor this into these changes.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update @Ian

It does sound like your load testing model was not sufficient here, but a good learning for future partner integrations (especially if your chosen integration model is different to the majority of their use-cases). I’m guessing from your comments you tested executing orders with the partner in isolation from waiting for the status messages to be returned - and, given the blocking nature of the HTTP service, a high rate of PENDING statuses was inevitable and not linked to what would happen to end users in the FT app.

If, via SQS, the partner does not block sending the status response back and FT can process the response timely to keep the PENDING message count low (easy to monitor) that sounds like a decent improvement (so long as AWS holds it together :slight_smile:).

I’d second @szb’s suggestion of an in app notification to users when an incident is happening, along with keeping a statuspage.io (or something similar) for history to improve transparency and ultimately help FT demonstrate service improvement over time.

5 Likes

More issues today (7th Dec) now with the FX-Partner - the same type of issue? I thought we should have resolved them by now?

These issues keep happening. Poor.

Closing this thread, issue resolved and new thread for today’s issue related to our FX partner.