Vote for the features that you want Freetrade to build šŸ—³

Hey @freetradeteam :wave:

Can we have another ā€œvote for new featuresā€ event for the next tranche of updates youā€™re planning?? (not necessarily whatā€™s already in the pipeline!) I think itā€™s probably something you should do annually just to add another layer of interaction with us!

Cheers!

6 Likes
  1. On the main page where is shows the Ā£ gain below the value of the account, either a toggle to change it to a % gain or have it listed separately.

2. Contributions made into the ISA by tax years, so I can go back and check if needed. It only shows the current year.

3. Under investments, when you expand to see them all it would be nice to be able to sortā€¦alphabetically, by % gain or loss, by Ā£ gain or loss. Itā€™s currently set by highest value held.

4. Watch list - sort alphabetically or be able to sort by sector/industry

5. Watch list - at the moment the gain it shows is for the last month. Iā€™d like to be able to add a nominal number of shares for a given date, so I can monitor the gain/loss after I added it.

6 Activity tab - be able to sort by buy, sell, dividendsā€¦by tax year or calendar year. Dividends could go under Insights tab (total for the year)?

1. insights tab - I donā€™t find the Insights tab very useful currently. It would be nice to add reports of your choice (pre selected or be able to create them).
7 Likes

Some bigger print. Especially on the graphs.
Itā€™s almost impossible to see if a number has a decimal point.
I almost mistook 1.2 for 12
:neutral_face:

2 Likes

Maybe you should take the candles off your head, youā€™ll get wax in your eyes and that only make the problems worse!!

There has to be some features to cater for filtering, when you go on Activity tab, you should be able to divide and filter i.e. dividend income, buys, sells etc.

Also as a dividend income investor, I would like to see a DRIP scheme incorporated at no extra cost and UK fractional shares.

Side note - where is Ā£BA? Weā€™ve been asking for it for way too long :man_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes

Head of Product @Duncan mentioned improving this experience at this AMA recently.

This is coming. Itā€™ll be called Autopilot

National declaration is something many have been asking for. Vote below -

5 Likes

A time machine

2 Likes

images__01

1 Like

When searching for shares, Iā€™d like a feature to sort prices in ascending or descending price order.

1 Like

It nice that we can vote on the features we like but can you get a move on and implement them - It canā€™t be that hard to sort out the Watchlist or the Investment list in a specific order

Not speaking for Freetrade as Iā€™m just a community member but ā€¦

The whole focus is on EU expansion as this is something that has been in the works for 12+ months and will deliver more revenue and the option to trade EU stocks.

2 Likes

True but they canā€™t have spent the entire Engineering Team on the EU Expansion, they need to spent some resources on other areas as well

Iā€™m sure people been requesting Autopilots, JISA, LISA, Ordering of the Investment List for quite a while now

We just need abit transparency on what is happening on the other Features

2 Likes

Iā€™d do things Iā€™m not proud of to get JISA support!

1 Like

I was soooo tempted to start a list of things @NeilB would/wouldnā€™t be prepared to do :rofl:

1 Like

2 Likes

Individual Portfolio features for each users like Favourites is good functionality to target i.e. EV portfolio, Commodity portfolio, Banks that user can add based on holdings they have.

4 Likes

App is almost perfect. Fractional shares for ETFā€™s would literally make it perfect.

1 Like

And filters :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :+1:

1 Like

About fractional shares. I am just wondering aloud here.

In some respect fractional shares is an interesting concept because it surely implies a lot of extra work for Freetrade. Freetrade canā€™t buy fractional shares. It must buy whole shares and divvy them out. So at some level it must take some risk. I would imagine selling fractional shares has similar issues - the market clearly wonā€™t buy fractions of a share; Freetrade would have to sell the whole share. Additionally, I canā€™t see how this works (easily) in any kind of direct market access situation. Some kinds of arrangements, internally and externally, need to be in place for this to happen: those arrangements could imply a markup of some kind.

Does anyone know? Has this been ever discussed at an AMA? It would shed light on whether fractional ETFā€™s would ever be possible.

The fractional shares in the US is powered by Drive Wealth. They provided market access for many large name including Revolut. Iā€™ve not looked into their model but it would require a tonne of capital to hold (potential) 0.99% of every listing.

2 Likes