We'll start testing incentivised referrals (free shares!) within weeks 👯

One at a time now, but we have the ability to give people any amount now, and we will give people that successfully referred, multiple invites.

We’ve seen quite a few referrals from our testers, and an exceptionally high funded rate from those referred newly to Freetrade.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, Dan! We really like the community input.

I agree that this message currently may not be the most exciting for everyone. This is the first version, and we’ll expand the reward stock selection to its limits. :wink:

2 Likes

I think the gifting stock idea is great! Maybe a bit late for this referral scheme, as it will take some development effort, but definitely promising for the future!

2 Likes

You can vote for gifting shares here: Gifting Shares as a feature or stock gift vouchers here: Freetrade "Gift Vouchers" :gift:

1 Like

Alex, you are pretty fast on the trigger! thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think gifting shares to friends and family who are already on freetrade would be nice too. How this would work I dont know as a social/friends on freetrade tab would clutter things rn

Don’t worry too much about the design, we can always rejig things if necessary :woman_artist:

1 Like

Any ideas when the Free Stocks will be added to our accounts? I’ve just got mine queued at the moment, saying it will be revealed in a few weeks

So exciting :money_mouth_face:

36 posts were merged into an existing topic: Incentivised Freeshares feedback :money_with_wings:

Calmly waiting for Android referrals, got a couple people lined up

1 Like

We’re finalising that piece of work. We may not give a shout when that’s done, because we want to let you enjoy the surprise. :red_gift_envelope:

3 Likes

Every other company’s refer schemes let the link be used infinite times, ie you get paid for each new client referred. Affiliation is a business, if I write, say, an investing blog, I can hardly post a one-use-only referrer link. If it works well, then I will pay (FB, Google etc.) to promote the blog with the link on it.

Don’t mind the ‘free share’ concept (like RH) rather than a fixed amount, that’s like a little gamble, and adds to the interest (and tbh, speaking as a FT investor, probably works out cheaper).

Does the link initially take them to App Store to install the app?

Referral programs and affiliates are two different things.

Ok fair enough. So each FreeTrade user can only refer one person ever?

Definitely not! Users will get more invites over time of course. We are only rolling this out for testing right now.

1 Like

Oh ok, that’s alright then. As I am now an investor, I would do quite a lot free anyway :grinning: but clearly I would do more if incentivised.

1 Like

Presumably you can sell immediately & invest elsewhere

2 Likes

Maybe but most referral programs also use 1 URL or identifier (e.g. your referrer’s account number) for multiple referrals

7 Likes

Share your feedback & questions about Free Shares here: MEGATHREAD: Free Share updates and feedback 🎟