What is going on today? - Megathread

I never because you need cash to buy the dip, ninwas just adding to it weekly anyway :smiley:

Whe China reopens = even more inflation.

Don’t get excited.

1 Like

More support for the supply chain will be well received in a lot of industries, it all come down the consumer confidence. It’s fairly low right now so if people walk like they talk it could be de inflationary as increasing supply with lack lustre demand. We’ll see.

Imo, you’re clutching at straws. But, indeed, we shall see.

1 Like

Oh I probably am @smellylegend I probably am, I probably am!!

At some point this supposed lack of confidence everyone is supposed to be feeling has to stop people buying stuff! Summer is a good time to calm things down before the chaos of energy prices that awaits when the cold weather comes.

1 Like

Bloomberg reporting high expectations of full on Bejing lockdown.

1 Like

My hopes aren’t for share prices real as they still have another 10% - 20% to drop. Historic P/E performance shows us this.

Zero COVID is a terrible policy idea but China are so fixated on it

1 Like

Interrupting regular programming to bring you breaking news from the British public transport system:

16 Likes

Good work guys! Prime spot on opening day.

2 Likes

Do we still have any China bulls? If so, you guys are :crazy_face: (in a nice way)

Unfortunately we are in a massive speculative bubble, even with recent losses in market value. Basically hold on to your pants because we’ve got a long way to go.

Especially people like Kathy Wood of ARK, who has driven up the price of “next gen companies” many of which will take many decades to actually attain the “value” places on them by the market.

Just my opinion not investment advice.

1 Like

Yes! I am a china bull right now as they have already undergone a significant correction, unlike the US, and have a growing middle class and industrial sector. There are various concerns with investing there though - rule of law, oppression of the uighur people, zero covid policies etc. Not sure how I feel about investing there - it’s definitely a mixed picture.

1 Like

edit: soros harping on about ww3 again right now live on bloomberg

2 Likes

2022 A Small to Mid-Cap fund managers dream. US small cap etf paired with a UK/EUROPE/USA small to mid-cap trust.

windfall tax… :poop:
when will people realise the “free” money government keep giving away is not free

3 Likes

Pensions get hit too and we stoke demand causing more inflation.

Better off in gme :joy:

Bp hasn’t sunk like that yet, drax took a header yesterday I wondered if it was a reaction to a potential rail strike as that is how the fuel gets to the plant

Also one of the brokers downgraded it yesterday too.