What is going on today? - Megathread

Do we think index fund will make them unemployed?

No, that’s more of an issue for the buy-side.

Do we think the dip is over stocks are looking green again this week.Hopefully its time for me to start recovering the gains I’ve lost over the last few months.

1 Like

thou shal recover thy gains.

1 Like

Although some have recovered, I’m still down 40% + in some stocks, not sure if those will actually bounce back to what they once were…

1 Like

Thankfully I’m all green apart from two and the market seems to be making a recovery. Saying that, i bought into arb last week @£1.01 a share and with it being added to some “etf’s” at the end of play today… It’s given me a right old boost( it was needed)

5 Likes

Most of my usual targets are green.

Emerging markets are not, but then a bit of the trouble started with China so… and of course, some of the emerging market economies have mishandled covid badly enough; India and Brazil for example that I can’t see it recovering in the short term.

Oh and the infamous inrg lol, but that ones a write off at this point, I just keep it as a lesson for future me haha.

2 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-05-04/ufo-sightings-if-pentagon-takes-them-seriously-so-should-market

If tommorow/monday it was announced that UFO exists and they are declared as a threat to security. do you guys think this will cause a market panic?

UFOs exist. Everyone accepts that. If something is flying and unidentifiable, it is a UFO. Whether or not they contain little green men is disputed.

5 Likes

But it was never declared officially, I mean; I was thinking that these UFO pictures was faked. And if it were declared a national security by governments, will that be a big enough uncertainty? If it will, what sector that could possibly benefit from this uncertainty? Are we gonna see people panic buying toilet roll like last year?

1 Like

They have been here for decades and USA have stated they are over their air space every day, don’t think they see them as a threat, whatever they are… their main concern is whether it is an earth based craft from an agressor nation - that’s the real threat…

It won’t say anything big. I imagine the summary will be “we couldn’t identify x ufo case file on date n” and there will be a wink wink in the article to keep speculation alive. Possible phenomena for ufo case file n is x, i, y and ALIENS!!!:alien::joy:

Hope I’m wrong as it would be phenomenal.

Maybe speculation about UFOs could be in its own thread rather than “what’s up with the market?”

6 Likes

Depends on how much BTC they are hodling

3 Likes

18 Likes

Wonder which meme stock will get the headlines this week, BB, AMC, GME or Beds etc? Seems odd to be going from one to the other and none actually being solved.

Looks like another “Red” day :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I suspect this might be just whatever you happen to have invested in…
The FTSE100 is up and the US markets haven’t even opened yet!

3 Likes

It was a red start for the FTSE this morning but has turned a nice green. @ralf

Sure it was lower than at opening for 30 minutes at -0.5%, but at the time he posted it’d been green for over two hours.

1 Like