What is your favourite ETF available in the UK?

As per the title, and as we can’t expect US ETF’s on the app any time soon (ever probably) - what is your favourite / most anticipated (if not already on Freetrade) ETF available in the UK, and why?

Having seen a few new ones added, and with a few more to come, I like the look of KLWD (Cloud Computing), WHEA (Healthcare), ESGB (Gaming) and VEVE (developed world).

2 Likes

(ISGLN) Physical Gold and also the Gold Producers (SPGP) and add in a bit of silver with Wisdom Tree (PHSP) Physical Silver and securities. You will see volatility but they are an investment not a trade. They are all doing well for me and I’ve topped up my initial investments. Time frame I suggest 12-18 months then review.

1 Like

I’m in on Clean Energy and the L&G Robotics. Interested in the cloud computing ones, noticed two were added. Looked high level and I think I’ll do the one you’ve mentioned

5 Likes

VWRL - Vanguard FTSE All World

This ETF tracks the global stock market using the FTSE All World Index

4 Likes

Yes Luke, I bought into those two as well, also the Age & EM one.

1 Like

I also have Vanguard EM! I looked at Age but held off. Ended up going with FSKY for the cloud one.

1 Like

You chose the right one, I did a split between FSKY and the Wisdom Tree Cloud ETF and FSKY is performing better. However, I like diversity so I am happy for the long term view. I actually put a bit more into the Wisdom Tree as the Small to Mid Caps should do well over time. The Age etc ETF has been disappointing and nearly sold it on Thursday to put the money into the Emerging Markets. It held on by its fingernails just above my sell and move on price. I am sure it will do well over time but just cannot seem to gain traction compared to other ETFs.

Good luck!

If you had to pick an ETF and hold it for 60 years, which one would you go for?

That’s hard. It probably wouldn’t be one of the thematic ones. As it’s too hard to say which themes will be relevant in 30, 40, 50 years time. The cloud is hot shit and probably still will be five years from now but what if companies move to storing data on biometric chips inside their employees. Pretty ridiculous example but if I’m still holding my old school cloud ETF then I’ll be missing out on the gains from biometric chip companies.

2 Likes

In what metric is it performing better?

2 Likes

MSCI World

1 Like

Not sure…

2 Likes

Since I bought them KLWD has a 3.75% gain. FSKY has a 15.7% gain

I’d bought some UK Dividend because it sounded exciting (I’m new at this). Then I found it it was heavily invested in Imperial Tobacco (now known as Imperial Brands) and Rio Tinto who just purposely exploded at 46,000 year old Aboriginal site in Australia.

I’ve never dumped anything as fast in my life!

4 Likes