Which stock are you going to buy during the dip due to coronavirus?

I’ll attach tonight when I finish work. It’s pretty basic but I think it works well for stable growers and non cyclicals (they need a bit more inputs)

Rightmove doing the right thing:
"Supporting our customers

The speed of the slowdown in the UK housing market has been significant. Notably the number of property transactions failing to complete in recent days and likely changes in tenant behaviour following the announcement of the renters’ protections by the government may put further pressure on estate and lettings agents.

Although the likely duration of these market conditions is unclear, given this sudden challenge for customers Rightmove has chosen to offer more substantial assistance to support their businesses. This follows extensive dialogue we have had with many of them. We also firmly believe this rapid action is in the long term interests of our shareholders.

In recognition of the unprecedented environment we will today be contacting all our Agency, New Homes and Commercial customers to let them know that from April we will be discounting their invoices by 75% for the next four months, superseding our deferred payment offer.

The financial impact of these actions over the next four months will result in a reduction in revenue of £65m to £75m for the financial year ended 31 December 2020. The Board believes it is important to act quickly and we are able to implement this initiative given the strength of our balance sheet."

http://otp.investis.com/clients/uk/rightmove-plc/rns/regulatory-story.aspx?cid=625&newsid=1380648

4 Likes

https://www.lse.co.uk/rns/CCL/carnival-summary-first-quarter-results-and-other-matters-hra3455szu27ert.html

Carnival looks a little stronger today.

Capital Resources

As of February 29, 2020, the Corporation had a total of $11.7 billion of liquidity. This included $3.0 billion of immediate liquidity plus $2.8 billion from four committed export credit facilities that are available to fund the originally planned ship deliveries for the remainder of this year and $5.9 billion from committed export credit facilities that are available to fund ship deliveries originally planned in 2021 and beyond. On March 13, 2020, the Corporation fully drew down its $3.0 billion multi-currency revolving credit agreement (“Facility Agreement”). The Corporation borrowed under the Facility Agreement in order to increase its cash position and preserve financial flexibility in light of current uncertainty in the global markets resulting from the COVID-19 outbreak.

Substantially all of the Corporation’s assets, with the exception of certain ships with a net book value of approximately $6 billion as of February 29, 2020, are currently available to be pledged as collateral.

2 Likes

Norwegian (NCLH) and Royal Caribbean (RCL) have also bumped up today by 15-20% (stocks not available on Freetrade).

I’m quite happy with my astrazeneca purchase.

2 Likes

I’ve picked up; Shell, Carnival, FTSE100, FTSE250, Beyond Meat. plus I got JD sport as a “free share” for friend referral.

3 Likes

Just bought some Disney. I’m expecting Disney + launch next week in Europe to exceed expectations given everyone is staying inside.

2 Likes

I just signed up, with the kids at home for foreseeable weeks. I agree Disney+ will exceed. What do think the impact is on other segments: Cinema is dead, amusement parks closed, merchandise shops closed? Will they cut the dividend?

The overall impact seems to be negative in the short term. Should be a buying opportunity but be prepared for results to be quite bad this year and maybe more debt loaded to accommodate. I have shares bought way up in $130 range and hope for a positive future and might add a couple of shares once I hear next trading update

3 Likes

I think the other segments will take a big hit as you say but I’m hoping that has already been priced in at this stage, since it dropped almost 40%. It’s definitely a gamble and I’m not overly confident.

(I’d love to see them trial release a few movies on Disney + which were meant for the cinema as additional purchases. I’d pay £15 to watch the new Bond film for example)

What RobinHood users are stocking up on:

“ So what stocks have Robinhood users added to their portfolio? While modern value companies with great balance sheets such as the MAGAs – Microsoft, Apple, Google, Amazon – are finally trading at a significant discount, Robinhood users tend to lean towards the riskier parts of our economy in these trying times. They’re leaning towards the hardest hit industries in this crisis, in particular either in or related to the travel industry.

[Read: Amazon, Netflix, and Facebook: Say hello to ‘stay-at-home’ tech stocks]

Ten of the fifteen stocks that saw the highest increase in unique holdings among Robinhood users, fall under that description, namely:

• American Airlines – from 50,000 to 124,000 holdings
  • Disney – from 261,000 to 332,000 holdings
  • Carnival – from 35,000 to 101,000 holdings
  • Norwegian Cruise Line – from 13,000 to 77,000 holdings
  • Delta Air Lines – from 46,000 to 104,000 holdings
  • Royal Caribbean – from 19,000 to 74,000 holdings
  • Boeing – from 50,000 to 104,000 holdings
  • GE – from 358,000 to 411,000 holdings
  • Uber – from 139,000 to 178,000 holdings
  • United Airlines – from 14,000 to 52,000 holdings”
2 Likes

Any thoughts on Citi group? Crashed 60%, dividend yield of 5.04% and such a behemoth its not gonna go anywhere.

Starbucks looks interesting as well. 34% drop by suspect that will get worse now they closed most us and Canadian store. 2.57% dividend yield.

1 Like

Starbucks looks very appealing as does Nike if it drops a bit further.

3 Likes

I agree with Starbucks, it is on my list of best to buy, along with Google. When this is over stores will pop back up and advertising will appear again. However, at this stage I feel Citi is riskier. We have no idea what the banking sector will look like in 1 year.

3 Likes

I’m holding Citi for dividends, they were predicted a good year before all this and as you say, “such a behemoth its not gonna go anywhere”

1 Like

I worry for independent cafes and coffee shops making it through these trading conditions, another potential upside for Starbucks.

PS. Which is think is a big shame as I like local businesses. Just commenting on the investment thesis.

It’s still richly priced atm even after a drop

1 Like

I worry as well. I think the big corporates will be fine I think it will he small businesses which will he decimated. Worrying when you read the statistics about how important they are.

I think the US has a long way to fall. I have OTM options for the S&P500 at the same P/E level we saw during the GFC as I think it is worth as a form of insurance.

1 Like

I’m shorting the S&P all next week. My thesis is Trump’s doing f*ck all but lie about the situation and next week will be the first of many more major bites out of the S&P.

12 Likes

Same, building up dry powder but I think the next one or two weeks will be critical for both the U.K. and US and feel that neither markets have bottomed out yet.

2 Likes

What platforms do you use to short?

1 Like