An update on adding thousands of new US stocks 🇺🇸

Has anyone come across this before?

Edit. Oh snap, I think I have fractional shares! Thank you so much freetrade xx

1 Like

I believe they’ve introduced a minimum order size of £2 as a temporary measure due to technical reasons with one of their partners. Ian (CTO) mentioned on the AMA last night

1 Like

I thought this (minimum order) would only apply to US shares, not UK shares as well.

2 Likes

It doesn’t actually let you buy fractional shares on UK stocks, you just get the same message displayed by the looks of it

You also can’t excuse an order on UK shares under the value of £2

2 Likes

Hi all, to keep a consistent trading experience across any market, we’re introducing a flat £2 minimum order size for both UK and US trades.

The message you’re seeing there @Pdw kicks in between £2 and £3 just to let you know it’s a little close to the minimum to avoid you getting into a situation where you can’t sell because the share price has dropped.

14 Likes

Thanks for the information Duncan. Much appreciated

Skyworks
Virgin Galactic
Accenture
Morgan Stanley
Cloudera
Anaplan
MongoDB
CrowdStrike

Easily First ORDERS

Hi @Freetrade_Team ,
Is there any technical reason why Cloudflare didnt make up to the list and FASTLY make it to the list .
Based on the request votes Cloudflare has 62 votes and FASTLY has 13 votes.

I hope Cloudflare stock will be added sooner .

Iam drip investing in another platform , hating to see each time i pay nearly half of the share price as commission fee.
As a Fractional Shares beta tester , iam happy for those whose requests and made it to the 100, i hope they like them with the combination of fractional shares advantage.

6 Likes

Disappointing. Prices are low across many sectors now, and the expansion of the stock universe + fractional trading has been touted for months and months.

2 Likes

Was this communicated to customers in any way? A few changes have happened recently that I am only aware of by being on the forum - if there are notifications going out that I am unaware of apologies, but if not then Freetrade really should be informing customers up front of changes to platform behavior and abilities.

1 Like

Will we get to see the other 150 stocks before release so we can start looking into the companies ?

4 Likes

Which changes are you referring to?

I imagine Freetrade is iterating fast and I would prefer them finishing features rather than updating us on every change. Once a feature ships I’ll be able to investigate if it’s suitable for me, and decide if it meets my needs. I think Freetrade’s communication is really good, especially on the forums, so I’m wondering what more they could do to make you happy. What are you looking for? I really don’t want emails elaborating on small changes to a feature that’s in active development, and would prefer a well thought out FAQ and introduction to the feature when it’s ready to ship.

The change introducing a £2 minimum for all trades.

Ah I see, I didn’t realize that was a change for all trades. Yeah I can see how that’s something you’d want to find out somewhere else rather than in a forum post. I imagine Freetrade will come out with an email or in-app notification for these changes, but yes I agree that’s a pretty important change.

I’m not unhappy at anything - I just realise that the larger part of the customer base will not be on the forum and may be unaware of this change by any other means.

1 Like

Hey @fte, thanks for raising and you’re right; there are indeed some technical reasons which mean we can’t add Cloudflare at this moment in time (as much as we’d love to!). Watch this space though - we’re very aware of those 60+ votes and definitely a company that I’m excited about too :eyes:

3 Likes

How about Fiverr International LTD?
NSYE :FVRR

2 Likes

How about Atlassian tickr Team

2 Likes

Hi @Pja3 - I’m afraid Fiverr didn’t make this first batch; but it would be great if you could add it to Stock Requests & Discussions to get some community support behind it. The most popular requests have been our priority!

4 Likes