App not tracking price movements today?

Was there a problem today, or is there a known problem with stock prices not updating for long periods?

I bought AO early today. The stock price (and my investment) didn’t move at all for most of the day, although I could see it moving on other sources. Just before close of market it dropped in the app to show the correct details at that time.

Now, I wasn’t looking to sell, and if I had been able to see the correct information I wouldn’t have done anything differently, but if the app is not showing correct information, not changing for several hours when the market is actually moving, I’d consider this something serious that is a real problem. Anyone else experiencing this? If it’s happened to me before with other stocks, I haven’t noticed.

1 Like

My chart looks similar to yours. I suppose you could ask in the in-app chat, Alex seems to never get enough enquiries there :wink:

2 Likes

That’s ok this isn’t specific to @lizmcp’s account so I’m happy to answer it here. We’re looking into what’s happened here at the moment :slight_smile:

1 Like

The reason today’s graph looks like that is because our data feed for AO comes from CBOE & if there aren’t many trades on their exchange then you won’t see a lot of movement in the stock’s price graph, although this is quite an extreme example. So other data sources may display more price movements, that you don’t see in the app at the moment.

We’re just putting the finishing touches on a change to our platform that’ll enable us to switch relatively ‘illiquid’ stocks like this to use the data feed from the London Stock Exchange - which we already use for other securities e.g. ERNU - instead.

That should mean that you see more up to date prices for companies like AO :muscle:

11 Likes

Thanks, Alex. Good to know my eyes weren’t playing tricks with my head.

2 Likes

Is there a reason you cannot get all of the stocks feed from there (LSE)?

Will it cost per stock or per an ammount of data?

or is CBOE just something you used when you was awaiting for approval and was unable to access in the meantime?

Sorry if these are silly questions I have no idea how it works.

3 Likes

Sorry for the slow reply! The reason we use CBOE data for some stocks & ETFs is that it’s fed to us live, whereas the LSE data has a 15 minute delay. As long the stock’s being traded regularly (which causes the price to update), then the CBOE feed will be more up to date. Where it isn’t, we’re happy to switch over to the LSE’s feed.