Apple - AAPL - Share Chat

Only way currently is if she opens a account herself and you give her money to fund the account and she buy the shares. Or if shes to young buy it in your own account and sell when ready in future.

Yeah I thought that might be the case. I want to purchase today while itā€™s lower than usual though and her birthday isnā€™t till the 30th but itā€™s fine Iā€™ll just buy it close to the time

Whatā€™s with the drop in Apple?

Itā€™s a lot of the US tech stocks dropping in price. It is probably due to the high inflation at the moment companies are worried people will be spending less in the next couple of years. Also there are global chip shortages from the pandemic pushing up cost of components etc. Energy and materials price increases. So in general you can put most of it down to the global pandemic and recovery. Think of it as a domino effect.

2 Likes

You could maybe get her deposit reference if she sets up a Freetrade account and then bank transfer in some funds to buy shares.

I have some apple shares and obviously down at the moment, is there a prediction how much lower it will likely go?
Thanks.

1 Like

No one knows the market bottom Iā€™m afraid otherwise we would all be millionaires

2 Likes

Fair point, thanks for the reply.
I am very new to all this (few weeks) so have newbie type questions.

5 Likes

Hi @Cyclopops welcome welcome welcome :ocean:

The world has just come off of a very fast rising market, fuelled in part by governments around the world printing money and over inflating the value of many things.

@bitflip wrote a brilliant reply to a different t question with similar roots which might help explain some of the movements with apple at the moment (especially around earnings calls)

5 Likes

Thank you.

4 Likes

@NeilB reply was much better and welcoming than mine!.

Yes, welcome to the forum @Cyclopops

4 Likes

No problem, glad to be here and picking things up as I go :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Keep firing away, lots of friendly people in the Freetrade community.

2 Likes

Simply Wall Street

1 Like

Hello Freetrade team, Iā€™m yet to get my dividend payment for Apple shares which has pay date on 10th feb, any issues ?

It usually takes a few days. Iā€™ve not got mine either.

1 Like

Cool thanks much @NeilB for quick turnover

1 Like

Apple class action lawsuit for shareholders.

Apple dividend arrived this morning.

Ā£3.12

12 Likes

Letā€™s put our dividends together. We will have Ā£3.18 between us. It can buy us a decent meal deal (to share) :smiley:

1 Like