Apple - AAPL - Share Chat

Doesn’t Apple own Beats?

Just checked they are under the Apple umbrella :+1:t3: Talk about dominating another space!!

Apple closing all stores outside of China: Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

2 Likes

Some positive news amid Covid-19

Hats off to Apple.

A13 bionic for things like on-device machine learning, so that your Apple Photos can learn to recognise pictures of your cat faster when you’re asleep.

• Apple on Wednesday announced a new version of the $400 iPhone SE, an update to the smaller, cheaper iPhone it released in 2016.
  • It comes with a 4.7-inch display, like the iPhone 8, and runs on the same processor as the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro.
  • Apple is making the phone available to preorder on Friday before it starts shipping on April 24.
  • The new iPhone SE will come in three colors and has a single-lens 12-megapixel camera.

The iPhone SE is as important as ever for Apple as companies like Google, Samsung, and OnePlus, among others, continue to release less expensive devices.

Apple can throw anything at the market with a lower price and still make a lot of money.

Those who can’t afford a $700+ smartphone but want to upgrade from an ageing iPhone 7 or a Samsung finally have a choice.

1 Like

Who would want to switch from Samsung? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

…i still maintain apples are for eating :apple:

1 Like

1 Like

Maybe that’s a fancy extra large apple-tini he be drinking, I want one of those :cocktail::apple:

Apple bringing out the $399 basic iphone with iphone 8 parts and somebody commented, “sick, so I can upgrade my 4 year old iphone 8, to an iphone 8…” :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Did see it has the same camera in it as the iPhone 11 Pro. For me the camera and the userface in a phone is all I care about. I can see it being a fantastic seller, especially during these times.

I own Apple and I’m up 9% so I won’t be listening to Goldman and selling, if it drops but I’ll just buy more :ok_hand:t3:

That’s funny but iPhone 8 has a A11 processor. The new SE will have a A13 processor which is the same as iPhone 11. It’s also supposed to have more RAM. It sounds like a noticeable improvement over the iPhone 8.

3 Likes

And most of us will just be swiping on Instagram and sending texts over iMessage - but faster.

People whose battery is at 75% will probably be more keen to upgrade.

It’s a nice phone and the camera is great though.

Even though I don’t care about phones, and don’t particularly like apple products, it’s one of the big winners in my portfolio. I’m still up over 50% in 12 months

2 Likes

Just got access to fractionals and got a small dividend from apple at the same time, so now I have another 0.0177 of an Apple share :laughing:

2 Likes

Is anyone else still waiting on the May Apple dividend to arrive?

It just did for me, minutes ago.

3 Likes

Now this is something I’d like to see

Hope they come in shades / sunglasses

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/apple-invests-250-million-in-corning-for-future-iphone-glass-research/

Corning make the glass for Apple iPhones.:calling:

I’d love to wear some apple shades whilst on holiday!:sunny::beach_umbrella:

I’m a bit disappointed that sapphire screens never became a thing.

3 Likes