Bank transfers

Halifax is part of Lloyds, that might be a reason?!

1 Like

Iā€™ve lost a day of trade thanks to this

1 Like

Hey guys I know itā€™s not the same but I deposited with Apple Pay until they sort it I guess thatā€™s the best thing to do while they get onto the issue so Apple Pay is working but rubbish you can only do maximum of Ā£250 hopefully this can be sorted at a later date

1 Like

Iā€™m having that issue constantly saying this may take a moment I thought I was being to impatient but I kept it for 10 minutes nothing happened

1 Like

Had the same problem stressing me out I just want to start investing again donā€™t know whatā€™s going on

1 Like

I took your advice and went with Apple Pay and it worked fine, thanks for suggesting that. No idea whatā€™s going on but I at least got my Velo3D purchase through before close of play today!

2 Likes

Oh good I didnā€™t really want to use it but hopefully they sort it by the time we next deposit Iā€™ve just added that to my watchlist lol :joy: I wanted to get some money into $SENS so Iā€™m glad I got it on now I can relax

1 Like

Posting the latest update on this, hope itā€™s helpful:

Weā€™ve been made aware that Lloyds & Halifax are currently experiencing issues with their Open Banking connection.

Adding cash to your Freetrade account may take longer than expected, and you might find some payments are unsuccessful.

Please verify if the money has left your bank account before re-attempting to deposit, you can see payments that have been received on your Activity tab.

Please contact hello@freetrade.io if you have any questions.

Thank you for your patience and weā€™ll let you know once this is resolved.

3 Likes

I had similar issues last month, I bank with Barclays.
What I found out is that there is a Ā£5k limit on open banking transfers per day. So maybe check if your bank has a limit on open banking transfers that is hidden - I couldnā€™t find anything in the Barclays app about this.
I went with a bank payment directly from my bank account to Freetrade. As long as you put the correct reference it finds its way to your FT account.
Just contact support via in-app messaging to get your reference number.
HTH

Working again now.Not best pleased i can tell you i hope this is a rare occurrence.

This has ended up being a bit of a nightmare for me, just a warning to anyone else. I tried loads of times yesterday to put the payments through and it didnā€™t work but late last night suddenly all the payments started being added to my Freetrade account. Due to the 3 days to be credited back and the amount of times I tried, itā€™s not a great situation and itā€™s coming from my main account which Iā€™m due to have all my bills come out of.

I think Freetrade is fantastic but my only wish would be for the payments to be made the same day, when transferring to a bank. That way situations like this wouldnā€™t be an issue. Hopefully itā€™s on their list of things to work on.

1 Like

I had this problem on Friday actually. Turned into a big problem. I did a Live Chat with both FT and my bank (Nationwide). Turns out there were problems with Open Banking and Fast Transfers on Friday, and they were all delayed. But as there was no indication of an issue I tried it again - 10 times :grimacing:. All the transactions then caught up on Saturday, so instead of Ā£100, Ā£1000 was transferred! Thankfully FT support have kindly offered to do a fee-free same day withdrawal back to my bank account on Tuesday.

2 Likes

Hie Emmie, reach out to support - Live Chat if youā€™re Plus customer. They offered to do a same day withdrawal for me as I needed up transferring Ā£1k instead of Ā£100 due to this problem. They can sort same day withdrawals if you ask (not as standard). Thereā€™s normally a fee, but they have offered to waive the fee for me due to it being a major problem for me financially too.

1 Like

Paging @Emmie looks like you need to have a word with support and see if they can send it back ASAP.

1 Like

@PP78 @NeilB thanks both for your advice, I must have tried 15 times or so, I was wanting to get my shares bought before the long weekend. After the first Ā£300 or so left my account I then transferred all my available bank balance to another bank account. It seems to have done the trick and the remaining requests have been refused as the account was empty. Iā€™ve transferred the money back in and nothing else has come out yet!

Good to know that Freetrade can help out in these situations, Iā€™m annoyed at my bank as there was no warning about payment issues or indicating the transaction would still go through. Hopefully my plan has sorted the issue and Iā€™m ok to wait for the Ā£300 for a few days.

2 Likes

Glad to hear youā€™re all sorted :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Quick thinking! Nothing had come out of my bank when I went to sleep on Friday, but by Sat AM all Ā£1k had come out! I know what you mean re: no warning - in the Live Chat with Natiownide the chap posted a note they had on their website - to which I said ā€œwell thatā€™s not very helpful when your on a retailer/other website trying to initiate the open banking request - thereā€™s no warning there is there!ā€. :joy: Thankfully I have enough to get me through the weekend, and fingers crossed FT are good to their word on Tue and transfer there excess back same day for me. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Fingers crossed for you, there was nothing on my banks app and usually there is if there is a payment problem. Iā€™ll know for future and actually Iā€™m tempted to just use Apple Pay in future as that went through with no issues at all. Think there is a payment limit of Ā£250 but not sure if you can repeat the transaction to get a higher amount.

Anyway hope you get your money back on Tuesday, I feel for you as I totally panicked!

Those Ā£250 limits on Apple Pay and Google Pay appear to be lifetime limits added by Freetrade, mainly due to processing costs it appears, or at least higher processing costs compared to bank transfers and/or debit cards

Doesnā€™t read like itā€™ll change

1 Like

Yes the ApplePay Ā£250 limit is lifetime, so I used that up in no time. But it was useful to seed my account initially.

As I said above, I now make a payment from my bank to FT using the correct reference, there may be some limits still so check with your bank.
Thatā€™s how I topped up my ISA this year: 4x Ā£5k payments due to limit of Ā£5k per payment, but I could make 4 in the same day which is different from open banking which had a Ā£5k per-day limit imposed by my bank that FT wasnā€™t aware of.

1 Like