Buying / selling shares

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if the sp is at least double the last round, possibly more.

We now have a fully working app and platform (with new rollout coming)
We have 10,000+ customers with 80,000+ waiting
We have trades
We have money flowing
We have swag items

When we were valued at 52p all we had was the promise of an app - at some point.

8 Likes

Ā£50-100m valuation on the next round wouldnā€™t surprise me at all.

FreeTrade can and will scale.

3 Likes

But bear in mind a lot of things we have now were priced in during R3 :wink:

Now the pricing will be based on future revenue growth and EU expansion.

1 Like

We have to consider much larger competitors have also thrown their hat into the ring of share trading e.g. revolut. That could negatively impact on raise price.

It will be interesting once itā€™s released! Free trade obviously want the raise price higher as it would be a much harder story to sell otherwise! Hereā€™s hoping!

The price more than tripled from R2->R3, I would expect another decent jump

The valuation at R3 was roughly Ā£20M if I remember correctly. I would expect that to be quite a bit higher with the app released and the amount of interest in buying shares

Thatā€™s true but the risk of failure is significantly lower now. We know the team can deliver

6 Likes

Based on other Series A rounds it should be somewhere between Ā£40 to Ā£60m.

Itā€™ll be cool to be able to buy shares in the next round via the Freetrade app :rocket:

7 Likes

Agree with both these points! I think it will become an acquisition target, especially once it enters Europe. Interactive Investor has made about 4 acquisitions alone!

3 Likes

I hope Adam fends them off, I want to see Freetrade grow into a successful company, not get snapped up by one of the existing big players

9 Likes

I am sure it will depend on the offer. If it is 10 figures or above, it is at least forth considering.

4 Likes

Getting a bit ahead of ourselves guys! It would be great though!

1 Like

Ā£40 to Ā£60,000,000 is quite the range! :wink:

2 Likes

Please donā€™t do it on Crowdcube again. No one trusts them anymore. And the 1.5% fee is a real turn off.

3 Likes

I was thinking about valuation last night, it really depends on whether itā€™s done early in the year or late in the year given the rate of growth. Assume theyā€™ll want to raise well before they run out of cash but the valuation itself (at this stage) is a vanity metric. It will also depend on whether they look at the VC route and whether the VCs bite on something which is, as yet, unproven in the UK.

Presumably the extra money last year allowed them to grow faster than planned so theyā€™ll be burning through the cash and will no doubt want a significant war chest if possible. The fundamentals of their valuation, i imagine, are at least in some way related to assets under management and total numbers of users which, at the moment and understandably, are very low. Appreciate it is a different business model but the valuation should at least be linked in some way to user numbers and AuM which currently wouldnā€™t impress against the market.

There is no advantage to having a ridiculously high valuation, it is vanity and would create problems later on. If they can show evidence of significant user growth that will be the biggest driver of their valuation. Building the app and the underlying infrastructure shows that they can deliver, and they must be an attractive acquisition target but I think weā€™re all looking for them to remain independent and see what they can achieve.

My guess would be mid-year for a valuation of double the current one. If the user numbers scale quickly then it could be triple? What are your thoughts?

5 Likes

My guess: valuation is driven in the next 6 months simply by what price Freetrade thinks it can sell for and will fit in with the future fundraising plans.

For round 4, I could see 2x but maybe not more unless the user numbers are exploding or some recurring revenue is starting to happen (some revenue is happening already through instant trades but I donā€™t think numbers have been disclosed, and I mean recurring rev like alpha, which the blog post hints is further off than the fundraise).

For a broker that doesnā€™t charge on AuM I guess the next set of valuation metrics would be user numbers who are trading monthly, trading volume, asset inflows from transfers, or rev.

3 Likes

Think youā€™re right - you could see HL offering a trade sale with the intent of making FT into ā€œHL liteā€, or Revolut/similar looking to buy in the solution.

1 Like

To clarify, I was meaning potential for a future acquisition would lift the share price, increase VC appetite and lower the risks. I donā€™t think itā€™s something that would be in shareholders interest for quite some timeā€¦

I think it will depend more on whether Freetrade wants venture capital at this stage (and can find one which adds value in addition to money). Different VCā€™s invest at different stages and Freetrade has loads of potential so it will get offers!

2 Likes

Freetrade is already too big for HL to buy it. I doubt any valuation of under Ā£1bn will be acceptable for either Freetrade or its investors, and HL has only got Ā£125m in hand with annual net earnings of circa Ā£300m (pages 116 and 119). This just does not seem to be feasible for them.

4 Likes

Interested in buying, DM me if anybody has reason to offload. If not, Iā€™ll await the next crowdfund.

Iā€™ve got 327 shares Iā€™m looking to sell, let me know if youā€™re interested in purchasing.

What price are you looking at?