Deposit delay due to banking provider outage

Is this a permanent change or just temporarily?

Itā€™s a temporary change until we resolve the issue.

3 Likes

Thanks for confirming @Ian

Are FT considering leveraging those APIs to automate/streamline the top-up process so it wonā€™t require any human intervention (e.g. topping up outside working hours/bank holidays/weekends)?

Thatā€™d be a fantastic feature! :slight_smile:

Definitely.

2 Likes

Another ISA compliant failure! At AJB no less! This is growing! What stock is/was it?

(Clearly Iā€™m self interested as Iā€™ll try to flog the FinKi auto ISA APIā€¦ )

Oh? What have I missed? Whatā€™s going on? I donā€™t want to go to jail because of their mistake.

Itā€™s NIO Inc ADR.

You wonā€™t.
I was referring to the T212 ISA debacle.
90+ stocks mistakenly allowed in ISAs and then they kicked every client out of their holdings forcing them to take profit/loss with no warning.
Not happy punters.
Lots of more ISA mistakes floating about too.
AJB, for example if they let you hold that in your isa.
I have found others too.

4 Likes

At least if Iā€™m doing serious time Iā€™ll have all your spreadsheets and APIs to keep me occupied.

I hadnā€™t seen the drama around T212. I only became aware of the issue with AJ Bell when I tried to buy more and it wouldnā€™t let me - it just gave a vague error message.

I started a live chat on their site and the undertrained agent, as nice as he was, said heā€™d have to get someone higher up to send me a message as he didnā€™t really understand what was going on. After waiting a while a message finally came through explaining the situation and saying they are reviewing it to see if they can ā€œcontinue to offer holding the shares withing an ISAā€ for me. That was 15 days ago.

I donā€™t get it. Freetradeā€™s a startup, building a new platform, getting Ā£3 a month from me and they manage to offer customer service and an overall experience thatā€™s head and shoulders above a massive company like AJ Bell who have been around for over two decades and who find any/every way they can to absolutely price gouge me on every single transaction.

Iā€™m interested to what AJ Bell come back with as a solution/gesture of goodwill. They can certainly afford the latter.

2 Likes

ā€¦ let them know the FinKi Auto ISA Compliance API will ā€˜liveā€™ assess every stock on every exchange on demand against ever moving HMRC regulationsā€¦ for a pretty low fee Vs a PR nightmare with non compliance!!!

#BlatantAd

ā€¦ youā€™d be surprised thoughā€¦ I can see ISA errors from the (mighty) HL and as for II, wellā€¦

:raising_hand_man:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.