There seems to be a big influx of new members, which is great of course! :).
This obviously leads to many (often initially disgruntled) beginners asking the same questions.
A lot of these questions are re-explained in detail by community members as there is afaik no central forum FAQ to refer to.
It could save a lot of time if these questions are answered by simply referring someone to the FAQ.
There could be a high level summary in the post or questions answered via a link to a more detailed post.
- “I didn’t get the correct price when buying selling” -> refer to best execution policy, the price you see in the app is a delayed price, big spreads on less liquid shares, FX fees, …
- Availability ARK Funds (and any other US-based fund without a KIID) due to regulatory hurdles outside Freetrade’s control
- Stamp duty on UK stocks (but not AIM)
- “My shares are no longer available in the free account”
- What happens with my shares if there is a corporate action (stock split, M&A, SPAC, bankruptcy,…)
- Freetrade Plus interest payout details
- How does an ISA work and is it useful for me