Freetrade 2021 Crowdfunding Round

As much as I’m not a football person….
Get in!!!
I’ll have to free up a couple of hundred beans for that!!!

1 Like

Revised update: Slightly less soon*

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

4 Likes

You missed off “again.”

2 Likes

That’s commitment. You went very far back in this thread for that haha. :ok_hand:

5 Likes

New round will not happen until current offer ends (30 Nov). I think it might be planned for the 6th December

2 Likes

Hey! Which current offer are you referring to?

This one https://mobile.twitter.com/freetrade/status/1441397302208471042

3 Likes

That’s a good point, I really hope these promotions (this ISA one + the SIPP transfer one at the start of the year) mean we will get an AUA figure included in the next pitch deck.

3 Likes

Would love to know the overall AUA figure and the average in an ISA/SIPP and even a GIA

5 Likes

The new free share campaign around increasing AUM in ISA accounts is pretty smart. This should boost the numbers up before they publicly disclose this through the upcoming round.

2 Likes

2021 Start-up fundraising ( from the FT )

9 Likes

Why has Trade Republic had ~10x more funding and has about 10x higher valuation than Freetrade?

They both have about 1 million users and they’re similar companies. There must be a reason, maybe Trade Republic’s model is more profitable. They seem to have a lot of US investment, whereas Freetrade is mostly UK investors.

Because Freetrade is only set to serve the UK while TR is available in most of the big European countries. The potential market is so much bigger (as for now).

3 Likes

They also accept PFOF as it’s currently legal in Germany

3 Likes

Germany, France and Austria for now but they intend to expand to every Eurozone country. Banking licence, crypto and funds protection up to €100k. Nice proposition.

2 Likes

Trade Republic raise a huge round with Sequoia Capital leading the round. With the success of Robin Hood the US VC’s we’re clearly looking to recreate it by throwing money at a EU broker and push for scale.

Shame that broker wasn’t freetrade :confused:. If we were ready for Europe maybe it would have been a different conversation at the time.

3 Likes

There is still Tiger & SoftBank. They love chucking stupidly big valuations around!

1 Like

100k is only for cash, right? Stocks are still 20k-protected

1 Like