Freetrade launches US stocks 🇺🇸

Got US stocks added Today will be topping up tonight ready to take my first step in the investment world Tomorrow!! Great job Freetrade team. Let’s hope I’m thanking you in 10 years time as well :smile:

3 Likes

That’s quite surprising, in this age of real-time feeds and instant notifications. Is there a reason for the delay?

2 Likes

Yes I think they should fix this long term, I found it surprising as well, though I’d suggest other things like Android are more pressing at the moment. I’m sure there’s a lot of features the freetrade team would like to add and will add over time.

2 Likes

Good question. This is a first iteration of the process, so there is a delay before it gets displayed in your app. We will be improving that in the near future so that they’re nearly instantaneous.

10 Likes

Nice to see a response like this. Thanks Hugh

2 Likes

I did it! I bought my first US stock and I’m now a Disney shareholder, haha. Never thought I’d say those words.

This genuinely feels like a big moment in my life, I’m really thankful to freetrade for bringing this opportunity to normal people like me who don’t have huge sums to invest.

Thanks to all involved!

28 Likes

This is brilliant to hear. Exactly what freetrade set out to establish, an easier way and more affordable way for normal people to become aware of share dealing

8 Likes

There’s something quite special about buying shares from the US :grin:

7 Likes

Agreed. I had bought some Nasdaq trackers, plus UK shares previously but this felt different and very exciting.

3 Likes

Are there issues with the IEX US data? All my US holdings have gone blank and their value has been wiped from my portfolio

1 Like

If you’ve taken part in testing US stocks, please update your app to the latest version from the App Store in order to access them now.

PS - US stocks are now available for everyone :us: :tada: :champagne: :smile:

9 Likes

Thanks, that’s fixed it, feel like autoupdate never actually works on iOS :joy:

P.s. is it howdie? I always thought it was spelt howdy (how do ye) :smiley:

2 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Delayed account top-ups

Happy with the new addition to my portfolio :us:

8 Likes

Now that US stocks are live we’ll be sending out lots more invites to those on the waitlist this week. https://twitter.com/doddsie/status/1090225146038833153/photo/1

Would be really interesting to know the current user numbers - number of active users, and users still on the wait list. On Monday someone I know signed up and the wait list was about 75k, which is great for FT but not very inspiring for potential new users!

Once that wait list has gone and it’s open to all new users I think the real marketing can really start - I know I’ll be telling everyone I know who is interested in investment for sure.

3 Likes

Long live Freetrade :freetrade: :raised_hands:

1 Like

There’s a community meet-up tonight, so there should be some kind of update then :+1:t3:

5 Likes

It’s too far for me to go, but hopefully someone will update us on here :+1:

3 Likes

:drum: :drum: :drum: We now have about 12k users, there’s 74k people on the waitlist.

We’re not sharing our active user numbers at the moment I’m afraid.

Please do :raised_hands:

https://twitter.com/v18n/status/1090576229806325760

6 Likes

Thanks Alex - I didn’t mean active users, I just meant currently signed up. But sounds good :+1:

1 Like