Freetrade Universe - Web

Yep Iā€™ve been using this approach for a while on a custom google sheet and so far works good. The other updates look cool too! :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™ve updated with the latest stock drop :sunglasses:

Removed a few duplicates and stock that has been dropped:

Arthur Gallagher - Duplicate
Welltower - Dropped
Marathon Oil - Duplicate
Charter Comms - Duplicate

We should now be in sync (1078) & iā€™m looking forward to the next stock drop this week :partying_face: This topic / thread started at 611 stocks, we are now at 1078 in under a month. Incredible growthā€¦ Looking forward to researching more of the companies available to invest in on freetrade.

@Jim1 Youā€™re right, Iā€™ve been looking at live data costs (same supplier Freetrade uses) and pulling the dividend dates next to each stock. Iā€™ll need to start paying for some additional services to build on the current features. Iā€™ve setup / added a donate a coffee button on the page as you suggested. Link is here too: https://ko-fi.com/marky Will help with hosting, scaling and better features going forward. As always feel free to drop feedback :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Version 1.6 is here :sunglasses:

Video:

• Added Top 10 most popular buys (scrolling ticker)
  • Removed iFrame, cost document will open in new tab
  • Style / Design / Code updates under the hood
  • Added new stocks & ETFs drop:
7 Likes

Version 2.0 is here :sunglasses:

• All (1379) US / UK stocks & ETFs are now connected to the graph (Click item row to display stock / ETFs info on graph).

• Back end changed to load all new stock drops autonomously no future need to do it manually

• Removed Top 10 and replaced with Freetrade News (Pulls latest Freetrade Twitter tweets - inc Top 10 most popular buys) no need for manual updates :partying_face:

• Lots of other changes / tweaks - See video for a glimpseā€¦

Clicking on the Full Name column will load the Google Finance link to that item. Clicking on the ISIN column will bring up the cost document. Anywhere else will load that item into the graph. Anything you select should highlight too.

Click refresh on the page if you donā€™t see Version 2.0 at the bottom :wink:

Enjoy & have a great week :smiley:

7 Likes

Genuinely love what you are doing with this @Marky I wish Ft would release an api so we could have an integrated/automatically populated portfolio trackerā€¦that plus your app here would be a massive step up IMO

1 Like

This is a great tool and thank you for all the work youā€™ve put into it! I see people have mentioned using Google Sheets to add a price column - has anyone managed to do this yet?

1 Like

@Jim1 Appreciate the feedback :slight_smile: I think with the level of competition, the API would be a lower priority. Completely understand and back going for user adoption OKRs throughout Europe and increasing the stock / ETFs selection / Alpha development.

Althoughā€¦ that doesnā€™t mean we canā€™t create our own portfolio tracker (without the API). Iā€™ve been looking into it. I built this Cloud based solution, that a user can select the stock / ETFs and watch / monitor. Pulls the data from alpha vantage. There are some free endpoints from others I could use, which would make it more usable.

Take a look:

@CashCow you should be able to add a price column .

Check this out: GOOGLEFINANCE - Google Docs Editors Help

If you do =GoogleFinance("NYSE:DIS")

Replace the MIC in the data XLON = LSE, XNAS = NASDAQ, XNYS = NYSE

=GoogleFinance("COLUMN WITH MIC: COLUMN WITH TICKER SYMBOL")

Let me know if you have trouble, iā€™ll create one and share if you need.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. I do have a personal tracker that I created a while ago and keep updated manually with my buys, and with prices via Google Finance. Its ok but has plenty of room for improvement! Iā€™ve looked at some options online too such as the portfolio trackers in simply wall street and wallmine and holofolio, all have some good points, but all of the ones I have reviewed also have issues, such as certain stocks wont work, or missing functionality unfortunately.

Youā€™re right, manually can be tedious if your portfolio changes often. Do you remember which stocks didnā€™t work? I am looking at how to show the stock price and % change next to each stock / ETF. The stock price data on the app is coming from different sources: IEX / LSE and others. Makes me think that one supplier wonā€™t have it all. :thinking:

Yep thatā€™s the issue entirely - single supplier for all stocks. Off memory a couple of ETFs VUSA & SEMB, I cant remember which stocks were an issue apart from 4imprint for some reason.

1 Like

No single source. Partly the reason for FinKi. Dividends especially - ETF dividend data is massively lacking on a lot of commercial APIs. US data and LSE equity data is pretty easy to come by, but for some reason UK ETFs is a bit of a hole.

1 Like

Well Iā€™m never going to be on a government watch list for hacking. I copied the Freetrade sheet to my Drive but then couldnā€™t add any columns to itā€¦ so I manually copied and pasted everything to a new sheet and added the pricing column. It took me a few goes but eventually I had ā€˜a numberā€™ in every cell for my price column.

Unfortunately though, some just werenā€™t displaying correctly. I know some would be in Ā£ and some would be in $USD (and that Iā€™d need another column to convert them), but some share prices were just plain wrong. For example ITM was showing as 0.03 when in reality itā€™s over Ā£3 :confused:

Iā€™ll give it another go today!

ā€œWell Iā€™m never going to be on a government watch list for hackingā€

:joy:

@CashCow, I hacked you a quick one (ITM showing at 315):

Link: CashCow Version

2 Likes

Where does your data sources come from? Do you combine LSE / IEX / Others

IEX + Others. Mostly Others.

1 Like

Wow, thank you so much. Alsoā€¦ moo. :cow:

1 Like

No problem, although doing it via google sheets youā€™ll need to update as new stocks / ETFs drop. The current google sheets (Stocks to invest in - 6,000+ US, UK and European stocks to buy) is showing 1379 entries.

The web version has already been updated with 2 new entries (1381). My video with the old tally (1379) is already outdated :sweat_smile:

nCino (newly IPO) got added to Freetrade todayā€¦ Itā€™s already on the web version (I think it was on, before the notification came through :star_struck: ), one click bring up the data and start researching in seconds (nCino hasnā€™t been updated on the google sheets version yet).

Definitely need to do some more research into nCino ā€˜The worldwide leader in cloud bankingā€™ :face_with_monocle: Iā€™ll need to double check thatā€¦ :joy:

Iā€™m not complaining (!) I just wanted to let you know in case it affects any other work youā€™re doingā€¦ butā€¦ when I sort them by price, they seem to be mixed - some in pence, some in pounds. For example Fallen Angels is really Ā£5.19 and ITM is Ā£3.13.

Itā€™s no big deal for me but I wanted to let you know in case it has an impact on any other project

Thank you again and moo :cow:

1 Like

Iā€™ve googled a few solutions just now, weirdly itā€™s other freetrade members experiencing the same problem (google finance pennies to gbp - Google Docs Editors Community), but I think, Iā€™ve got something better. Let me work on it during lunch.