Gains not accurate

Hi fellow investors,

Got a question with regards to what Freetrade is showing me: I currently only invest in 2 actions and both show gains of a total of 76£, however, on the app main page, it says that my gains are only up by 34£. I don’t understand why that is ?

Hi @AK75

Can you share some screenshots to illustrate what you’re seeing? You can send me a direct message if you prefer.

As I understood your message, you hold two different shares. Together on these two positions you have gains of £76. But on your portfolio screen it shows a gain of £34.

There could be a few different reasons for this discrepancy. Have you sold any shares?

Best,
Alex

I’d guess it’s currency fluctuations.

Thanks @AK75 - there could be a number of explanations. It’s probably best that someone from customer service checks to make sure there’s no issues. Would you mind emailing hello@freetrade.io from the email you use with your Freetrade account and someone can check this out.

The values of the two positions that you’ve highlighted roughly (minus a couple of pence) equal your portfolio value, so the discrepancy is likely the result of sales of shares or currency movements (if you hold any USD shares).

Keep us posted please. Never thought to check the individual share gains versus the portfolio screen.

As its showing since you began investing I’d assume they should show the same gain regardless of share sales and currency fluctuations?

1 Like

@AK75 The team looked into this and the portfolio screen is accurate. You only own two shares right now, but you’ve bought and sold shares in the past. The portfolio screen reflects the outcome of all gains and losses that you’ve made on your investments since opening your account.

3 Likes

As its showing since you began investing I’d assume they should show the same gain regardless of share sales and currency fluctuations?

If they sold share at a loss before then the total gain will include the loss but not the individual shares.

1 Like

Absolutely bang on response.

I have similar, but have been ignoring it. When GSK split into GSK and Haleon, the gain/loss on GSK became wildly incorrect, where as Haleon just shows zero gain/loss.

2 Likes

I asked them to fix the GSK and Haleon thing twice after the split. Got a snotty email back from support saying they would get round to it. Gave up after that!

1 Like