MEGATHREAD: Filters on Activity tab

• Filter by ticker
  • Filter by market
  • Dividends should show ticker e.g. for Apple it could show ā€œApple | AAPL - US marketā€ or at least make it clickable to show more information, e.g. the information thatā€™s included in the email + Ticker
  • Ability to click through from ticker to filtered activity feed to see full history of specific ticker (i think this is already available on iOS?)
  • When viewing/filtering a ticker, history should include dividends
  • Filter by dates, donā€™t limit to 90 days or anything either like every other app does, itā€™s not helpful
  • Plan charges should appear here too and be filterable, e.g. Ā£3/m for ISA or Ā£9.99/m for Plus

To echo the above, export button - export needs to include all activity details too, e.g. no of shares, price, currency etcā€¦ (everything youā€™d see on a contract note).

Agree with Han that ISA transfers should appear too

Slightly off topic, on contract notes, can the title area be made clickable to take you to the ticker page or at least show the ticker on the contract note, not just the title

1 Like

Thanks for all the feedback!

@Han Yes, good point. This is something weā€™re aware of and will be looking to fix but is unfortunately a much bigger piece of work so we wanted to release this in the meantime.

@JimmyJ just FYI you can see the buy orders for a certain stock when you tap into that stock (say from the Portfolio screen).

If you were already aware of this/would still like to see it on the activity screen, weā€™d love to know a little more about how youā€™d be using it (e.g. is it to pull numbers out into a spreadsheet, to see how regularly youā€™ve been investing, simply out of interest, something else?).

@saf I absolutely hear you on the activity exports feature. The team are well aware of the importance of this. The work required for it is being scoped out and while I canā€™t provide a timeline please rest assured that it is very high on our list. I hope the activity feed filtering can be of some use in the meantime.

@BobC Dividends will be clickable very soon; weā€™re working on this. The data wonā€™t be backfilled, but for dividends you receive going forward youā€™ll be able to see tax, fx etc. when clicking into it.

On making contract notes clickable, thatā€™s a good idea and something Iā€™ve discussed with the team previously. Weā€™ll look into this more closely, watch this space :eyes:

Iā€™ll discuss date and stock filtering with the team, along with better surfacing the history relating to specific stocks. Just so I have all the context, why would you be looking to filter by market?

5 Likes

Thanks for responding @FrancisH. Aparently you can only see all orders on the iOS version of the App. On the android version, you only have the 5 most recent buy/sell orders. I do like to see what iā€™ve been investing over time and keeping track of the amounts i invest, so having to go through the activity feed makes it more time consuming.

2 Likes

Thanks for responding

I like to keep track of my investments in separate watchlists in other apps, e.g. trading view and spreadsheets, I generally keep these separated by currency, so to review $s/US Market, it would be good to filter US stocks to review trades in that market. Not really too important

1 Like

Hi everyone :wave:

You may have spotted the feature introduced above by @FrancisH has now gone live :grinning:

Let us know what you think, weā€™re always open to feedback as you know.

And stay tuned for a lot more coming to your Activity tab.

UPDATE: This is on iOS now. Android is in the final stages of testing and will follow very shortly.

activity_tab

17 Likes

Hi, I donā€™t have these filters, so I assume this is just for iOS? If so, when will we see this on Android?

4 Likes

Nice!

2 Likes

A great feature to have and to see if shipped so quickly is very encouraging. Good work @FrancisH

3 Likes

Filter is very nice keep them coming

3 Likes

Android will follow very shortly, final stages of testing now.

4 Likes

It would be nice if it gave a monthly total dividends at the end of each month. Would make it easier to see my progress at a glance.

7 Likes

This is now live for all users on Android :tada:

3 Likes

What do I have to do to get it? It doesnā€™t show for me and there is no new freetrade version to update in the play store.

1 Like

As far as Iā€™m aware, once published, it can take up to a day before it becomes available for you to download on the store, some people may get it sooner than others, others may get it later.

2 Likes

Really like this filter and great improvement but have 2 issues.

1. The ongoing labels on dividends are often the same for different stocks. This is really strange and annoying to have to cross reference from another source which it is actually from.

2. There is no filter for Tax relief - Would be good to also have that but not essential. :slight_smile:

Other than that it is a great start and massive improvement! Shocked I missed this thread!!

2 Likes

I like both these points.

Tax relief would be cool see if I ever get some that is!

2 Likes

Any chance of

a) ISA transfers becoming an item in the activity tab
b) provision of an ISA transfers filter

1 Like

So sorry about this, but due to a very late technical issue, this wonā€™t go live for Android users until next week.

Apologies, and hope you all enjoy it when it arrives!

Itā€™s live now for me on Android.
While working on my ISA, clicking on the Activity tab on the GIA now freezes/crashes the app and it needs to be restartet.

Can someone confirm if itā€™s the same for them?

1 Like

Pretty much, yeah.

I left it a while and it did eventually come up but then it was exceptionally slow.

2 Likes