MEGATHREAD: Filters on Activity tab

@FrancisH :wink:

After using this current implementation, one thing i canā€™t remember if mentioned before would be the option to show/hide cancelled orders

Hadnā€™t realised there was a separate thread for this. Have downloaded the update and am on Android but still not getting the filters. Not too concerned though, assuming it will filter through next week.

Same. Updated but no filters for me yet.

It would be nice if we were able to filter the Activity tab in the app, so we can easily see the top ups we have made, share purchases and free shares received.

I expect you may use this to show dividend payments too one day, so would be great if we could filter those out too!

It could be done similar to the filters on the Discover page.

Great idea :+1:

Ye great idea Lewis had a similar idea but it was exporting and you could choose the type of transaction etc. Would be great see this implemented both in app and export

I think what would be best is to have a filter function in the activity feed page.

So by default the page would show everything (what it currently does) but then you could select an item or items from the filter list to restrict the view to just those items on an as-needed basis.

Would this work, or do you want entirely independent pages/sections for each item?

If filter would work, thereā€™s already an ideas thread for it -

3 Likes

It would also be a massive benefit if dividends could be included in the gain/loss calculations

I think dividends already are counted in the gains, mine seem to be anyway.

They are counted in the overall gain/loss but i mean the individual stock gain/loss. Apologies for the confusion!

Ah yes, I get what you mean. Yeah that would make them much easier to track.

3yrs later would like to bump this one again tooā€¦

Please do this one FT :pray:

1 Like

Hi people,

We are currently working on adding filters to the activity feed and are aiming to have this live in the next two weeks.

Iā€™ve attached some images below showing the designs - weā€™d love to hear any thoughts/feedback!

(Designs shown are for iOS but Android will look similar)

12 Likes

Amazing news! Thanks so much :ok_hand:t2:

Iā€™d say thatā€™s almost perfect, only addition I can think of right now (not sure how youā€™d fit it in UI wise) would be to show activity at a company level too.

Maybe an extra filter for company? I know for example buys and sells appear on the company page, but I donā€™t think thereā€™s a single place where you can see dividends per company.

3 Likes

Looks good to me, canā€™t wait to play with it.

Is there an ability to add a filter by time? As in all [field] in the last 1M, 3M, 6M, 12M, All Time & This tax year?

Great to see the pace of product shipment increasing, good work team :freetrade:

5 Likes

@Lewis thanks for the feedback! If we built something where you could see all activity for a specific stock, it would be helpful to understand what youā€™d be doing with that info/what questions youā€™d be looking to answer. E.g. would you be summing up activity to notes down somewhere else, would it just be to get an idea of your level of activity with that stock, would it be to find a specific transaction, etc.?

@NeilB Thanks for the kind words! Re: a time-based filter thatā€™s something Iā€™ll discuss with the team. If you could provide any further info around how/why/when you would use a time-based filter that would be super helpful just to improve our understanding of the context :pray:

2 Likes

Hi @FrancisH After someone has been using Freetrade for a number of years looking for a specific transaction could be easily narrowed down with some time features overlaid.

2 Likes

Good question, I think what Iā€™d actually be looking for is to see the profit (or hopefully notā€¦ loss) Iā€™ve made from owning the stock when factoring in interest payments too.

I like the idea of tracking ownership of stocks/crypto in one location, and I use an app called Delta that lets you link into different exchanges that can automatically fetch your holdings and track profit/loss but it doesnā€™t link into all the crypto exchanges or stock portfolio sites I use and Iā€™m too lazy to track things manually - so I think essentially what Iā€™m saying is, I like the idea of the stock page showing me everything relating to it, but ultimately I just want to help track profit (and if itā€™s good enough, I wouldnā€™t need to consider using third party apps anyway)

2 Likes

Hi, while Filters on Activity are very much welcomed, will the Activity also be updated to all Activity?

Deposits paid via Standing Orders do not (when I last checked) appear in the activity feed.

Links from a given Activity feed back to the Instrument page would also be good while you are in the Activity feed.

Also, pressing on a Dividend to expand to show the same detail included in the email dividend notification would be appreciated.

Kind regards