My account has apparently been deleted?! Help please

On the 17th March, I raised an alarm that my account may have been accessed by someone else. This turned out to be false and was a family member who accidentally logged into my email from another location.
But before I found out this was false, I messaged the Freetrade account mentioning this issue. They locked me out of my account before sending me messages asking for verification. Because i was unable to access my account I couldnt see these messages. I was only able to get through to customer service representation later through the get help option on the app which is accessible without signing in.
I provided the verification questions for Fraud and Compliance, last Tuesday and got no update. I then messaged via the app again on Friday (again not logged in but through the get help option), and it seems they never got my answers to the verification questions in the first place and I then had to answer the verification questions again. On Saturday morning, a different representative confirmed that they had received said answers.
Today (this is almost 9 days after my account was initally locked), when trying to find out about any updates for my account regarding the verification/ investigations, the customer service representative said that my account could not be found โ€ฆ I gave them the correct email on several occasions. This is highly concerning as there was a lot of money in this account and now it looks like it has been deleted? But I have not had any information about it or what has happened to the stocks in the account.
This is a massive concern, especially as I have not been updated about anything.
Please can anyone help?
(Btw, I had to create a new account to post on this community forum, as again apparently my original Freetrade account has been deleted - I am cautious about creating a new account completely from scratch in case my investments are completely lost because of thisโ€ฆ)
Please help - This is a very worrying situation.

1 Like

Hi @jananij

First let me reassure you that your money will be safe. It sounds like weโ€™ve locked your account until we can verify your identity and make sure that you are accessing properly (and not someone unauthorised to access it).

Can you confirm if your email that is associated with your Freetrade account is the same as the one youโ€™ve used on the forum here? If not, I can DM you. Please donโ€™t share your email publicly.

Iโ€™ll raise this with the team to investigate. You can contact them via hello@freetrade.io.

Best,
Alex

3 Likes

Hi @acamp

Thank you, I am slightly worried that the account canโ€™t be found at all now though - is this normal?

It is not the same one I have used on the forum, would be great if you could DM me, Iโ€™m not entirely sure how to DM you first.

Thank you,

Janani

Sent you a DM!

3 Likes