No US buying today

Just saw the message, Freetrade have stopped US buying. due to restrictions placed by their FX provider.

Also, why was this one comment flagged as spam???

I feel bad for Freetrade, not their decision. Rather the service they use to allow us to trade

8 Likes

To be more accurate FTs FX provider has limited the volume of trades, so it’s outwith FTs control.

FT have therefore suspended buying of US shares and selling is limited at market open.

7 Likes

On what basis did they make that decision? When did you know this? you’ve waited until seconds before the market opens before letting us know?

This absolutely reeks.

10 Likes

screen shot of the Freetrade message

This is manipulation by the global banks, shocking. Feel sorry for Freetrade trying to do the right thing all along.

7 Likes

Yep and yep. Trying tone the good guy and then getting screwed has opened them up to this ire.

Unbelievable. FT, we expect you to disclose who the FX provider is who ordered this.

19 Likes

What a Joke - I would not have expected this from you guys. Who’s the US Partner??

9 Likes

disgusting from banks, freetrade says they disagree so its not them but their FX exchange, not even trying to hide the corruption now.

2 Likes

Simply not good enough.

5 Likes

The timing of this is extremely disappointing. We could have made alternative arrangements if we’d have been informed earlier.

5 Likes

Not even FT were informed!

3 Likes

FT received no warning of it. they call it an extremely poor decision.

4 Likes

That FX provider ruining loads of people’s day! FFS!

This demands full transparency or else Freetrade is going to quickly suffer a Robinhood-style customer exodus.

6 Likes

they call it an extremely poor decision.

That’s putting it very lightly. We have your back FT! Please don’t let us down!

4 Likes

dont be mad at FT, its the US background platforms that are colluding.

6 Likes

I just joined Freetrade today to get away from T212 and now the same is happening here, so disappointing to hear. I understand it’s not Freetrade’s fault but it is still really annoying.

I do have one thing to ask is that when announcements are made in app, to please apply a time and date to it. I wasn’t sure if this was an old message or new (had to come to the forums to check).

5 Likes

Hi everyone, our team are working extremely hard to everything they can.

Currently, we are limited and it’s done to us, without notice, without an explanation.

We’ll share a message here soon.

51 Likes