No US buying today

staggered attacks against retailers on this, couple of manipulation fines are better for them than that hedge fund going bankruptā€¦

6 Likes

Iā€™m surprised FT had all there eggs in one FX basket, thereā€™s a need for transparency on who the FX provider is, let the community know who we are really dealing with and maybe we can have a say on which FX providers are used from here in out.

6 Likes

So are freetrade going to switch suppliers then? Are we going to get refunds on plus memberships that we canā€™t use?

2 Likes

So, effectively I can buy and sell shares but only as and when the powers to be allow me, or can only make money when somebody else chooses I can. Institutional investors, on the otherhand, can do as they wish. This is, as others have stated, blatant market manipulation.

9 Likes

Exactly, here most people probably donā€™t care about GME, but this is a gigantic trust problem for Freetrade.

One of those that can break a company like this, based on trust of their users.

They need to handle this properly and clearly, that is not as theyā€™ve done till now with a very generic and pathetic (imho) communication.

6 Likes

they will be, trust the thesis on GME. Short stock donā€™t expire

2 Likes

I put in an order for a US share a few hours back and it hasnā€™t gone throughā€¦ Still waitingā€¦

1 Like

Same Here.

1 Like

I see the angry pitchfork brigade are out in force, both here and on the social medias.

6 Likes

And rightly so.

3 Likes

But unless you believe FT can suddenly fire up a FX subsidiary in the next hour, what can they do? I mean, seriously?

5 Likes

How would you communicate better pal when the proverbial is clearly hitting the fan and they are reacting in real time?

1 Like

There are loads of other great UK Plus stocks like AIM such as gold miners, crypto miners, biotech. Go use it if youā€™ve got it.

1 Like

Iā€™m not saying your wrong. Maybe telling who the fx provider is can allow people to investigate independently and see FT are on the users side.

They should put pressure on their current provider to reverse this decision by outing them.

1 Like

https://community.freetrade.io/t/important-why-we-had-to-limit-the-us-market-today-not-our-choice-and-we-fight-this/34911

2 Likes

Yes, i can see no downsides to outing the bank involved. None.

2 Likes

Lots of UK gems for the taking

1 Like

Welcome to the free market. If you make shitty decisions and people donā€™t like it, thatā€™s your fault. Stop protecting suits and banks who donā€™t care about you.

Totally agree. Name them.