No US buying today

Itā€™s a pain, but at least you can sell so you arenā€™t locked in when GME etc. crash back down.
Iā€™m sure there is a limit on the number of transactions the FX provider can process, and volumes have obviously been crazy recently. Dogpiling people on twitter isnā€™t going to solve anything.

I will be closing my freetrade account at the start of the next fiscal year if freetrade does not resolve this quickly and/or start working with a new underlying provider. This is absolutely unacceptable. I encourage everyone to do the same. Blatant market manipluation.

Theyā€™ve said you will be able to sell today, the hold is just for a short periodā€¦hopefully whilst Freetrade destroy the FX provider

3 Likes

Really? so I have to gamble that my shares will still be worth selling on Monday?

Seems like we donā€™t have a choice right now.
However, for now Iā€™m willing to give FT the benefit of the doubt here. I believe they were given no notice of this and that they had no way to prevent this happening. No matter how frustrated we may be right now, Iā€™m sure they are shitting themselves ten times worse.

1 Like

We need transparency urgently on whatā€™s happening SELL side too - your in app message quotes ā€œsubstantial delaysā€ to sells - will we be honoured the market price at the time we click sell, or will it be stuck somewhere for hours on end and sell at a mystery price hours later?

4 Likes

Selling US stocks right now is essentially a gamble. You have no idea what the sell price will be or how long it will take.

1 Like

just had a notification that my premarket trigger order has just gone through, hope thats not a bug.

i doubt Freetrade will detroy their only FX provider to be honestā€¦ sounds like a pretty dire single point of failure relying on 1 FX provider.

4 Likes

Just managed to make a sale, went through instantly

1 Like

mine was a buy order

Anybody having issues buying UK stocks? Instant orders are getting rejectedā€¦

mine was a buy order

Oh really? The buy button is still greyed out for me on US stocks but the notice saying that the market is closed until Monday has now gone. Maybe they are catching up on triggers then will be opening up to orders again?

Anybody having issues buying UK stocks? Instant orders are getting rejectedā€¦

I havenā€™t tried buying UK today but I was having rejections left right and centre yesterday. Was frustrating as hell.

Only if you have paper hands

4 Likes

Doesnā€™t work anymore telling people to calm down (thatā€™s correct) in the hope then that things are forgotten, mate.

So before having a lie down, Iā€™ll keep asking like many others: if we trust and pay a company to invest our money, we have the right after an episode like this to know the name of the company really moving our money on the US markets.

Because based on that we can decide if we trust that company enough, and so if Freetrade is a service we can use or maybe we should look at alternatives using other banks or FX providers.

Mate.

PS: I have nothing to buy or sell today, I donā€™t care about GME or all that stuff, so Iā€™m not disappointed because I cannot do something today. I trust Freetrade with lots of money invested (not betting on GME), so I pretend in exchange a company as clear as water about their partners, in particular in moments like this. As paying users we deserve to have names, and immediately after that a clear counter action to avoid this in the future, that means changing or adding new partners to handle US orders.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not happy, joined plus an hour ago to get in on some choice US stocksā€¦ now barred from buying. I appreciate its not on you but how can i get that refunded? Iā€™ve already cancelled it.

1 Like

This isnā€™t even just about GME, I made some profits today and some of the plays I want to get into are in a dip right now like BLNK and I canā€™t even trade thoseā€¦
This is inexcusable from whoever is responsibleā€¦

4 Likes

I can imagine providers have done this last minute so retail investors had minimal time to find another way to get purchases in. Another truly WTF moment in 2021 already.

7 Likes

Oh but it is.

1 Like

I mean of course, but I also wanted to elucidate that even people who werenā€™t just solely playing GME for their own reasons are now being affected. I Couldā€™ve worded it better

3 Likes