Not possible to open an account

Have tried several times today to open a trading account, but can’t, because the email with a link never arrives, although I’ve tried using two different email addresses, as well as deleting & reinstalling the app. But an email with a link to open a “Community” account arrived immediately. Any suggestions?

What email domain are you using? I know icloud has some nonsense that filters content so you have to use the desktop access to allowlist them.

Are you using your own domain or a commercial solution like Gmail or Hotmail?

Many thanks for your replies.

Each of the two addresses I’ve tried (unsuccessfully to set up a trading account, but successfully to set up the “Community” account) are Apple / iCloud addresses ending in @me.com

So, for the life of me, I can’t understand why Apple takes it upon itself to block emails from Freetrade but not from the Freetrade Community?

Many thanks for your reply…

Each of the two addresses I’ve tried (unsuccessfully to set up a trading account, but successfully to set up the “Community” account) are Apple / iCloud addresses ending in @me.com

I can’t understand why Apple takes it upon itself to block emails from Freetrade but not from the Freetrade Community?

P.S. Unfortunately I don’t have a desktop / notebook computer and the public libraries where I currently am are not allowing their computers to be used because of covid. So I’m reliant solely on an iPad.

If you’re using an iPad you can still go to icloud.com (or whatever the address is) in the iPad browser (Safari?). Once logged in you may find there is a separate Spam folder that is only visible in the browser (and not if you are using an email client). Look in there for your Freetrade emails and then allowlist/whitelist the source email.

I think the source emails are different for registering for the forum versus the app itself, which is why the forum emails may be getting through.

Anyway, give that a go.

1 Like