Unable to withdraw

Hello everyone,

I have sent the £1 via bank transfer using my linked bank account using the unique reference number provided, I keep getting asked to repeat this. Why won’t it let me withdraw when I’ve followed the instructions correctly? I seen another post regarding this issue from earlier in the month but I can’t seem to find it again. When I use the chat it just tells me they are too busy to talk - which I find shocking as I should be as equally valued as any other customer. Anyway, can someone help? I need this ongoing issue resolving ASAP.

Kind regards.

1 Like

You could email here.

When I made my first withdrawal I had to wait a few hours after transferring the ÂŁ1 before I was able to proceed.

What are people withdrawing after only depositing £1? I’m obviously missing something

You have to deposit ÂŁ1 to get your free referral share.

Oh, so people are signing up, selling their free share, depositing ÂŁ1 then withdrawing the ÂŁ1 + free share?

One can only presume so.

I don’t think that’s the case. The £1 you have to transfer to set up withdrawals is separate from the £1 top-up required for the free share

It has been over 48 hours

Not in my case, I’m attempting to withdraw some shares I have sold. They have gone into the withdraw-able cash, when you attempt to withdraw it asks you to deposit £1 via bank transfer into a Freetrade account using your linked bank account (so they can verify it is in fact you trying to withdraw the money I presume), so I’ve deposited the £1 but it still won’t let me withdraw, it asks me to deposit yet another £1. I am stuck in this cycle.

Kind regards

I imagine if people topped up via Apple / Android Pay then they would need to go through a bank verification to withdraw.

At least I hope people aren’t just signing up for the free share…

I don’t know anything about a free share, I couldn’t care less about a poxy free share. I just want my money :joy:. I did deposit with Apple Pay now you mention it, however I’ve still done the bank transfer with the corresponding bank account. I don’t see a reason why I can’t withdraw. Pretty disappointed to be honest and it looks like no one has a solution. I’ve emailed Freetrade so with any luck they resolve it for me.

Kind regards

1 Like

I have the same problem @Darlo_mag did it get resolved?

Pete

Hit the withdraw amount, it linked my bank account, and then took the same amount of money from my bank as I was trying to put in it, and the money that it took doesn’t even show in the application (it does in my banking app).

Whenever I hit the “Withdraw” button it brings up a page with “Verify your account” and after hitting Done, it just brings me back to screen before.

Transfers take 2-4 hours to clear, it could be that?

But why did it take money from my bank when I’m trying to do the reverse?

I deposited £100 in the beginning of the day. Couldn’t invest it because they locked buying in the US. So I’ve decided to put it back in my bank, but for some reason it’s now taken another £100.

I think patience is key in this situation. I know it’s a right pain when we are used to everything being instant but they are swamped atm. If it helps no one has lost money with ft by it just getting lost between transfers

I can understand that transfers take time, but it did the exact opposite of what I was trying to do. What if it were a much greater sum like 10k, and it withdrew instead of depositing. Seems like there’s a very serious bug with the app

So I tried to withdraw 42 pounds from selling a stock. Now Ive only topped up by using apple pay, so when I tried to withdraw it asked me to confirm to sending 1 pound from my bank account to freetrade. Fine, I done that. No notification about withdrawing, the moneys been sent.

So then I manually top up to 100% verify the account is in my name. I transferred 2 pounds from my bank to freetrade manually. No notification about if the verification worked, just the money has been sent.

So I go to withdraw again, but yet it still pops up the same thing about sending 1 pound to freetrade and when I do that, it doesn’t still take me to a page where I can withdraw my money!! I do not understand how the confusing the withdrawal process is.