Vote for the features that you want Freetrade to build 🗳

They would need this to offer pies etc and that does seem a very big want and would be a good plus incentive for many so would work economically no doubt. :+1:

2 Likes

I may be wrong here but is Freetrade part of the London Stock Exchange? If it were, then they trade so many shares that bundling them would be simple, just like debts were bundled pre 2008 :wink:

No. It won‘t be simple

1 Like

Maybe not simple, but the system already exists as part of dividend re-investment schemes which leave people with fractional shares.

Maybe dividend reinvestment may be a good request as it’s already there?

This only really works in practice with US stocks. With a UK stock it’s likely you’d get the cash equivalent added to your cash balance in app.

Yes you are right @RumNCoke . I am unaware of any LSE company offering a dividend reinvestment plan for its shares that results in buying fractions of a share. As you correctly say money is held back if money is not available to buy a full share. It has however been the case for years now that one can purchase fractions of fund shares but the arrangement is a “closed” one and is managed by the fund manager.

Additionally, even if a company wishes to provide fractional share services it must get special FCA approval for it (which is why FT is allowed to provide fractional shares in the first place).

1 Like

Halifax Sharedealing do it ( within a Sharebuilder account )

I think there is a misunderstanding here and we might be talking about different things. Halifax doesn’t

for its own shares that results in buying fractions of a share. It can’t do as HBOS is not on the stock exchange :slight_smile: anymore. The parent company Lloyds Bank says about the dividend reinvestment: You will receive the maximum whole number of shares it is possible to buy for you using your cash dividend plus any cash balance

But I understand what you mean and I am sure that you are right: it might provide a fractional share dealing service inside share builder … but the point is that those fractions are not freely tradeable outside that dealing service so for example you can’t transfer those to any other broker nor can you transfer any in. Halifax is not the only UK broker that provides that sort of service … I am aware of three others.

2 Likes

Ah yes I see what you meant now :+1:

2 Likes

Without scrolling above but I have said this before and I need to say it again.

I neeeeeeeed to see every buy in on a selected stock at this point I have over 20+ I think in one stock and no I don’t want to rumble through my history to try find each buy.

This for me would be high priority on the things to do list. I can’t imagine people with years ans years worth of buy ins on a selected share and wanted to sell.

I guess they would have it on a spreadsheet but what if they don’t Ahhhh that would suck lol

Anyways let’s hope this is one of the updates since I know I phones etc have it but android don’t which is silly to me.

I think these would be at the top of my list:

1. Displaying whatever Freetrade’s current bid / ask spread is on a stock I’m about to buy

2. Unhiding the ‘PLUS’ covering up the % loss / gain when browsing stocks (When I’m already a PLUS member)

3. The ability to use a trailing stop loss by x%

1 Like

Why not just use your average share price buy in?

Because its first in first out and at this point the stock price I bought in greatly differs to the price point now.

The fact is apple get to view this android don’t so yeah?

Good point - I am also an android user but luckily I set up my own spreadsheet from the get go as I realised tracking dividends through freetrade is a pain in the arse

There are app differences due to way they built them. Duncan (VP of design) talked about how they’ll normalise the apps with a web interface when it gets built.

One more:

1. Stop limit orders i.e. your stop loss has a trigger price and then a limit e.g. you set a stop loss limit of $100 with a $1 limit. When price drops to $100, it becomes active but will only execute if the price is within $100 and $99. This avoids slippage beyond your target eg executing at $98. If it can’t execute at your target price range, you stay in the trade.

That example was for US shares so in $ but you’d want it in the currency of your investment so £ for UK shares.

1 Like

Hi,

My top requests would be:

1. Ability to make employer contributions
  2. For US shares, ability to select a $ amount and/or no. of shares rather than a £ amount. Currently, you have to guesstimate the £ amount based on an estimated fx rate and uplift to get the no. of shares you want
    3 show % increase/decrease on your total portfolio in addition to the £ amount already shown

Thanks

Sorry but i have not read through all the messages so i apologise if it has already been mentioned.

I use an external app to track my portfolio and give me dates for dividends etc. I would like to see something similar from Freetrade so i would not have to manually input my stocks and data etc.

2 Likes

I think freetrade should actually ask instead of making a group like this as?

No doubt probably have the same idea about 30-40 times cause I ain’t reading 118 comments :rofl::rofl:

These probably already been mentioned but…

1. switch money from GIA TO ISA vice/versa
    Instead of freetraders people doing it as long as it’s settled.

2. history of each share purchase on its own platform like now but more than last 5 also include any dividends.

3. actually have an overall % up or down on there too that includes the dividend (more above this request)

4. averages in both £$€ I.e if you have English/American stocks

5. more real time stocks as seems when you buy it’s out a little whether that’s freetrade rounding it up??

6. acknowledgement of stock request especially if reaches a number of votes instead of just waiting/hoping for answer!

7. free merchandise every so often especially if set a “guess the freetrade members game” up like I’m still waiting from October 13th for guessing right :man_facepalming:

Probably few more ideas just can’t think right now lol :joy:

4 Likes

This thread in ancient but keeps coming back up, when it was started they might well have still been in beta.

They have a user research team who do regular surveys to find out information like this now. Starting an ideas thread for a specific thing is still a good idea as they think much more high level.

2 Likes