What is going on today? - Megathread

Thanks for the post above, rio has been doing pretty well right now, and I’m hoping with the news of China opening up more and more we see a rise.

I’m just wondering if we place an order now would we get that order at that price but later on? Or would the order be delayed until later and we would get another price? Thanks

3 Likes

FYI - for anyone that uses Reddit, we have a weekly discussion thread for trading/investing: https://www.reddit.com/r/CanaryWharfBets/comments/1076zx6/weekly_thread/

Also a pretty active discord. People are on there all day discussing trades: Discord

2 Likes

Just joined discord to see if can learn anything:-)

1 Like

The fed will go 10%+

Just cold war things.

Tectonic plates are shifting and imo the fed wants to crush oil to 10 dollars.

The USA has cottoned on to China and interest rates are a primary weapon.

My bet is you’ll see more upgrades to the terminal limit like jp Morgan’s dimon.

1 Like

The second wave is China.

2 Likes

If you’re having trouble sending us an in-app message today, please force close (swipe up) your app and re-open and it should work fine.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Not all doom and gloom it seems!

3 Likes

The market reaction to todays trading updates of thg, oxford nano and wise have knocked a large hole it what had been a good start to 2023 for me.

Know what you mean. Everytime I checked thg lower and lower it went :frowning: first down day this year for me I think

Ah sweet UK inflation is only at 10% yoy after a year the boe doing fantastic.

I sence sarcastic feelings coming from thee

The boe is limited in what it can do from meddling of politics

If they had started dealing with inflation a lot sooner than they did things would/could/should be different but they didn’t so here we are.

Well, the pain that’s coming will demo how much demand needs to be destroyed since it’s 100% embedded now. If, like the fed, they don’t, they know that it’ll absolutely rocket. I suspect bailey knows what jpow is about to do (crush China and oil price) since I’m hearing boe still gonna go 50bps next hike.(and many more to come)

Edit:

Eurodollar market gonna get crushed. Jpow’s had enough

My shift just ended and I never even got a chance to see the market today but when I opened I seen a massive sell off in all the big names,

Anyone care to give a quick summery of why? Is it a correction on the recent rally? Or fed news

We’re in a bear market IMO and heading to recession, caused by the actions of central banks and governments after 2008 which inflated a massive asset bubble. IMO most US stocks will be on a volatile but downward trajectory for the next year at least, till inflation is under control or something breaks so badly that the Fed has to stop raising rates. Many other markets and global trackers follow the US. The answer in short term moves is often that nobody really knows - the financial press will make up post-hoc reasons for every move, but this is an irrational market whiplashing from optimism to pessimism.

Good news for you if starting off investing is you don’t have to care if your current investments are down this year as long as they are large stable companies or indexes, if you’re investing for the next few decades this will be a blip in that journey, if you can stay the course and invest in a mix of assets.

Try not to look every day, or if you do, try not to care, it’s important not to let emotions or a volatile market cloud decisions.

13 Likes

See I keep hearing everyone saying we’re going into a recession yet it was stated on the news by the chancellor that we were already in one.

Confused, I know it goes by the set months in negitive growth.

I do check daily but it doesn’t bother me that it goes up and down or heads down.

1 Like

Also, we keep hearing all doom and then this…

1 Like