All orders getting rejected this morning [Solved ✅]

No problem at all. We take this issue very seriously, and we’re working with our partner provider to prevent this issue from happening again. Our Head of Engineering will post more details in an update tomorrow at the latest.

5 Likes

I still can’t buy anything. 4 shares of VWRL, hit review order, goes to 0 shares and the “Confirm buy” button fades out.

Edit - It seems to be working now. Purchase went through, holding hasn’t appeared yet but patience.

Is this down again as I’m getting rejected orders… :frowning:

Matt

I’m glad that’s now working for you.

Do give us an in-app message if this happens again.

1 Like

Thanks @Gemhappe and team! Stay indoors and be well

1 Like

Hi Matt, we don’t have any issues right now, this is likely a market rejection. Buzz us in-app and we can check the reason for you!

1 Like

I’ve been trying to place this order multiple times for the last half an hour and I buzzed your team via the in app chat about 25 min’s ago. My order attempts are still rejecting…

Matt

Can you send me your Freetrade email on DM and I’ll take a look!

As requested, DM sent.

Matt

1 Like

I placed a sell order right after 8am. The app said there was an error and the order did not go through. I thought alright nothing was happening. However, at 15.07, the sell order was executed. This is shocking. How on earth did I expect this to happen? How does a failed order automatically translates to a basic order? I don’t read it anywhere in the “terms and conditions”.

If you placed at 8am it would have placed a basic order as the markets aren’t open.

1 Like

I placed after 8am not on 8am. And why would I see an error? I did not take a screenshot though.

Markets don’t open until 8:30am.

Try it now. Go to a UK stock and press sell, it will say basic order not instant as it’s the only choice available.

For example, in London this will be from 08:00 until 16:30 local time during every normal trading day. Other markets will vary.
From https://freetrade.io/order-execution-policy.
I don’t know where 8.30am comes from.

I think I’m coming down with something…apologies.

Might be best to take it up with Freetrade direct via live chat.

you’re thinking in american :rofl:

1 Like

Honestly. Guy across the way from me turned up with a fever and sweats today and I haven’t been able to think straight!

1 Like

on your behalf, I hate that man

3 Likes

Thanks Gemma, hi all!

As promised, an update on the outage yesterday.

Yesterday, our customers were unable to place any UK orders from market open until 10:30am. This was caused by an outage in a data centre used by our market connectivity partner.

During the outage our backup connection automatically kicked in. However, when this happened we were still unable to reach the market. We’re actively working with our partner to understand why communication could not be re-established using the backup connection and to ensure that this issue doesn’t recur in the future.

My sincere apologies to anyone who was impacted by this issue. We’re working hard to ensure this doesn’t happen again!

13 Likes

Thanks for managing to get up and running again in a timely fashion! Especially with all the current headwinds.

1 Like