Can no longer topup my account from linked bank account

Hi everyone,

I’ve already sent an e-mail to Freetrade but am also trying to find an answer online. Historically I have regularly been able to topup my Freetrade account from my linked HSBC bank account without any issues whatsoever but since yesterday I keep receiving a message saying that the service is temporarily unavailable. I’ve just spent a lot of time on the phone to HSBC and they tried several things and are now adamant that the issue must be on Freetrade’s side. I can’t say for certain but I’m pretty sure this is since Freetrade forced me to update the app. I have also tried the App on a different device with exactly the same result. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance
:slight_smile:

Doesn’t fix your issue but I just do manual bank transfers and it’s more or less instant. Scroll to the bottom of this page. Make a note of your unique account reference and then you can top up anytime without going on the freetrade app

1 Like

I have had this issue with HSBC this week with other transfers (to a friend for example). So it could be on their end. Just came up ‘service is unavailable’.

Thanks but are there different versions of the app for different versions of Android or something as I cannot see anything that looks like that screen or any mention of the manual top up option, (I’m on Android 11)?

Lots of help from Freetrade but basically my issue was down to a temporary planned outage on their banking partner. This evening when I tried to top up it was again working perfectly.

1 Like

Who is the banking partner? Thanks

@Rajan07

That page is found when you start a transfer, enter an amount then accept the terms and the next page is where you select your bank, that’s the page.