Deposit funds

Even doing Ā£500 (which at least fires up the open banking / truelayer process) I still canā€™t put money into my ISA. Itā€™s being rejected (showing as such in my Monzo app). No clue why. Itā€™s been reported to Monzo and is being escalated in case they can tell me something.

Edit: Even a manual bank transfer is failing!? How oddā€¦ is the FT bank account closed?

Just tried/failed with Ā£100 and Ā£150 - the error message says the payees bank canā€™t accept funds.

This is so odd. TAKE MY MONEY, FREETRADE!

2 Likes

Okay this is weird. Monzo have got back to me (swift service from them), itā€™s shown as Blocked by Beneficiary

I canā€™t even topup Ā£100 but I was actually wanting to deposit Ā£1000

Which bank are you with, @Micky?

Monzo but saying that, Iā€™ve just tried again with Ā£1000 and its worked

WTF!?

Tried about 7 times in the last couple of hours but seems to have gone through now

no luck here :\

Does anyone have Plus and therefore access to online chat?

I tried to use it but get asked to email them, as a lowly ISA Ā£3pcm non-VIP. Unfortunately I donā€™t fancy the rigmarole of trying to email them as my FT login email is not a true email address (itā€™s a redirect to my real email) so I canā€™t email them from it, which seems to be ā€œa thingā€ they demandā€¦ :man_shrugging:

I contacted help regarding the transfer issue, and itā€™s a bug which theyā€™re looking at

1 Like

I do wish their comms on things like this were better. If thereā€™s a problem receiving topups (and on the day when there is an IPO, no less, great timing for some Iā€™m sure), they need to tell us!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve deposited Ā£200 from my linked bank account, usually it takes around 10 to 30 minutes to see it in my freetrade account, but not today.

Bank has provided a transaction number and confirm itā€™s left the account, so where is my money freetrade?

Also why canā€™t we contact anyone on support? A friend of mine is in the same boat with a much larger deposit.

It might ā€˜onlyā€™ be Ā£200 for me, but no way of contacting support is unacceptable when youā€™re using intercom. Turn the chat on, speak to your customers.

1 Like

Deposits are meant to take 2-4 business hours, just because itā€™s happened in 10-30 mins in the past is no guarantee of the same thing happening in the future. There is some manual intervention needed although I believe they are hoping to address this in the future.

I managed to deposit some money into my ISA at 4pm and it hasnā€™t arrived yet, but Iā€™m not overly concerned at this moment. If it doesnā€™t arrive by tomorrow I may be, though.

I have not received my deposit funds for 2 days now and itā€™s getting annoying since this is not the first time itā€™s happening, although Iā€™ve been a customer for only two months.

Last time I had this issue, it took FT almost 2 weeks to sort it out. Although this is already bad enough, what I find the most disappointing is the lack of communications. Justā€¦ silence, sometimes for days.

I am getting the silence treatment also. No idea whatā€™s going on.

I have just tried to topup my ISA, courtesy of a reminder about my 2020/2021 allowance from FT.

Not only was I able to topup more than Ā£999 (so I guess that bug has been fixed), it arrived in my account immediately. Is this new? Iā€™ve never had a deposit clear so quickly!

Iā€™ve just deposited Ā£500 and then 10 minutes later Ā£1000. I checked my app about 20 minutes later and I was surprised to see the deposits sitting in my account.

Normally it takes an hour or three, either iā€™ve been lucky or theyā€™ve employed a few more people to do the manual transfers. Either way, Iā€™m impressed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.