Freetrade app very laggy or just me?

Hey everyone, we’re aware of it and investigating. The indications are that it’s related to Google Cloud. We’ve reached out to Google, while they seem to be aware of a general issue on their side and working on it.

Sorry about this disruption. A message is going out to all customers.

4 Likes

Laggy as well, cannot see prices for stocks, especially for the 1Y and Max

2 Likes

Good job it’s not the perfect day to take profit on rank group or anything. That would be annoying.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply!

Hope they solve it soon :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Curiously, I checked status.cloud.google.com and all seems to be OK, so is it an issue with them?

They don’t seem have updated their status page yet, but we’re confident the issue is with GCP.

We’re seeing issues across pretty much every Google service we use - as are other companies, see #snapchatdown on Twitter for example.

2 Likes

You know its bad when the service breaks to the point where they can’t even tell you the service is broken :laughing:

1 Like

Working again for me now

1 Like

The issue should now be resolved.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

3 Likes

Thanks @simonpoole & @Viktor for the update.

Order Screen lag is new as in it appeared in the last few days.

But the noticeable lag when switching between accounts has always been on my account. There’s another small thing as well when you switch between accounts where it briefly flashes the gain/loss from the previous account. It’s not the biggest issue in the world but might be worth noting as other people might be put off by it.

5 Likes

I have same issues as it is described.

2 Likes

Thanks for the updates everybody, Google have confirmed the issue on their status page now https://status.cloud.google.com/. The issue now seems resolved and we appreciate everybody’s patience.

Once we have more details from Google we’ll be sure to follow up with you.

3 Likes

Same here, this often puts my app in an endless loop stuck in basic account while trying to switch between basic & ISA on iOS.
Also around 1 in 5 times when I open the app it’s stuck on the fully pink screen (the textless brief screen before face-id). Restarting the app fixes this. Again not a major issue but worth noting :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for the detail @gmullebr. We have a number of changes going out this week and next which should reduce how often you see this. We track these metrics internally too and will continue to move them in a positive direction over the rest of the quarter. I’ll come back to this thread within the next few weeks to confirm the changes are helping.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue. I can’t switch between the accounts - I’m also waiting for customer support to come back and confirm how I get money moved from the GIA to my ISA

App crashing constantly (Andriod)
Updated no change .
Needs sorting .
Like Freetrade so sticking with it for the momement .

… and there we go again. Can not access the isa this time around. Right in the middle of selling… @Ian Are you guys aware of this?

Yeah same here and was the same yesterday. This is disappointing.

2 Likes

seems to be prices and changing accounts again too

1 Like

In the future (if I can handle this service) I’m going to plan out more carefully when to do some reshuffling or buying. I think if I try to use the app once a week it shall be less annoying than trying to use it often and being disappointed.

1 Like