Gain/Loss on Portfolio 📈

It depends on what you want to track. For me gifts are absolutely gained.

My dividends are included in the gains.

1 Like

I tinkered a bit with stocks before settling on funds in an ISA so it’s possible it adds up overall. Was only thinking about the ISA to begin with. Still seems, however, I am up a couple of hundred quid compared to what it says.

UI feedback on this. It’s a great addition but can we possibly change the up / down arrow for just a - or + like it is on the stock.

Personally I think the arrow kinda looks out of space and makes spacing a little funny on the iPhone 11 Pro. Also some bottom margin to space it away from the graphs would be nice too.

Other than that little tweak lovely!

7 Likes

11 Likes

This is the exact thing I mentioned they should avoid when the feature was mentioned on the Christmas list…disappointing they haven’t released it as a working product. Is a “wish list” option actually delivered if the feature is fundamentally broken? I’d say not

Fund growth + dividends + referral bonuses; not very difficult

2 Likes

I actually like it how it is and that referrals are treated as invested money and not pure profit. In that way you can track your performance as an investor without having bonus money skew your results

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing mate!

I closed yesterday with Simply Wall Street saying I’m £40 less than Freetrade. Which I’m more fine with it that way around, as I reckon the difference is due to SD and FX. It does include dividends.

I have about £300 of cash between both accounts from dividends/capital gains sales so I assume its part of the P&L… technically cash is a form of investment, so saying your P&L including the cash you have there is not entirely wrong, but it depends on how people want to look at it. If FT were to start giving interest on cash balance like eToro then I reckon more people would see it that way.

I think I would like to see in the insights tab:

• Gain / Loss inc/excl dividends
  • Total SD Costs
  • Total Instant trades costs
  • P&L for different intervals.

But so far I appreciate the addition of it.

5 Likes

These are really good ideas.

Hi everyone, thanks for continuing the feedback on the feature.

You can see the FAQ about Gain/Loss below on our Help site:

1 Like

How is it calculated?

The help page doesn’t actually state an example case or a formula

What this feature really needs is the ability to click on the gain / loss amount and then see the breakdown…

6 Likes

Yeah 100% - this will come in time for sure

1 Like

Well, why do you want to consider 1£ of instant order as lost money?

It’s kind of answered across about 4 different help articles.

I agree a place showing the actual formula being used would be much more helpful.

I think the gain/loss breakdown is definitely required, the insights tab would be ideal location…

3 Likes

My Basic account looks to be roughly correct saying I’m up by roughly £60 but my ISA account says I’m down by about £3500 which is definitely not the case, are there any known issues with the transfers into the ISAs which is why it’s saying I’m down by that much?

I’m not sure who you’ve got building the android app, but they certainly can’t add.
Looks like gift shares are potentially not included.
We’ve waited a long time for a UI update and this is pretty poor.

1 Like

Agreed. Poor update