Gain/Loss on Portfolio 📈

Hi @Freetrade_Team,
Just topped up and the gain went up by the same amount. There must be something wrong with this feature, probably generally and not just for me.

Hi all. Sorry you’re seeing something unexpected. This calculation isn’t done in the app but there could be a timing delay following a top up. We’re investigating this right now and will come back with some updates asap.

5 Likes

Hey SebReitz,

Thanks for letting us know, we have located the issue and we are fixing this for you now. This was caused due to another urgent release earlier today reverting recent changes to the gain/loss feature. We are working to ensure that this kind of issue won’t emerge again.

You can expect this to be fixed within the next few hours. Apologies for the inconvenience.

9 Likes

The correct changes are rolling out again now. Apologies for the confusion this caused.

8 Likes

We’ve recalculated everybody’s account. Please let us know if you see anything that doesn’t line up with the FAQ: Gain/Loss | Support

Thanks again for letting us know!

4 Likes

It would be good if they were just hide/show links rather than being redirected and having to click back

Also, “cost of the free share when you received it and how the stock has fluctuated in the market since”
I sold my stocks immediately after I received them to buy something else…is my gain/loss using free share Xs performance even if I sold the share of X two months ago?

1 Like

What the hell, is no one seeing this? :man_shrugging:

Bug aside, how many businesses go out of their way to fix something within minutes at 11pm on a worknight/off duty? That’s sensational customer service…! :star_struck:

24 Likes

Thanks @anon1435622! We’re trying to build a product you can rely on. We might make mistakes but we’ll work hard to resolve them ASAP. Usually before you notice (but not this time sadly!).

26 Likes

Your gain or loss from the share that you got from the referral will only contribute until the moment you sell the share. This means that after selling the share, any gains or losses derived from the free share from the time you owned the share will remain in your overall gain/loss figure.

My profit/loss is out of line with reality by the amount of dividends I have reinvested. I have more money than I started with, but the app says I am down as it isn’t including the dividend I manually reinvested.

Thanks for your replies here @jani and @Ian. This is not new but please can you take a look at how the % and £ amount change is calculated vs previous day, 1 month ago, etc. It’s not in line with the rest of data providers and after-hours trading fluctuations are not taken into account. So, when a stock starts trading in the morning, it isn’t the same one where it closed the previous day.

No idea why this is the case:

2 Likes

Definitely. We have a list of changes coming for charting over the coming weeks. Getting end of day pricing into the app is top of the list. We’re looking forward to focusing on this!

18 Likes

Great to hear, thanks! :raised_hands:

Is there a reason why 7day chart only shows prices up to yesterday ? When the market is already open? It is same with month and max chart. Only 1day chart shows correct price. Not sure if this has been mentioned before?

I think the 7 day graphs and beyond pull an end-of-day price, else you’d end up with 7 days of unreadable squiggles and a crazy amount of data points.

It shows it correct on portfolio chart so i dont understand how it would be different on individual charts?

I’m sure @Ian and team are working on it and he’s given an update earlier in this thread.

In the absence of a Jira or Github-like issue tracker, maybe we can just collate them here.

Repost re: % and £ amount change is calculated vs previous day, 1 month ago, etc (not in line with the rest of data providers and after-hours trading fluctuations are not taken into accoun)

2 Likes

Lots of these changes are on the roadmap for Q2. Some even closer than that. Should be some exciting updates from @jani in the coming weeks :grinning:

5 Likes

There was a question posed regarding the graphs during the AMA last night. I can’t remember the exact response from Adam but the gist was that they could / will be improved.

2 Likes